• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoices and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoices and IR35

Some background to the issue I am about to present.
    I am the director of a ltd co that has more than one employee.
    I am also an employee and work for the ltd.

My ltd co has quoted for (and is providing) work for a separate company of consultants.
    My invoices carry the name of the consultant performing the services. This is for internal use only really, just so that I can keep tabs on who does what and where.

The Company that services are provided to have asked me to remove the name of the consultant providing services to them "As we don't want to get involved in IR35"

Surely this makes no difference to them whatsoever does it?
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Rather than debate this with them, why not just comply and move on? No need to waste energy informing the ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
      Rather than debate this with them, why not just comply and move on? No need to waste energy informing the ignorant.
      WHS.

The customer is always right.

You could always replace the name with a reference number if it's that important to you.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No difference to them at all, but as the others have said there's no harm in complying with a customer request and often a bit of good.

You could always put a reference code in the invoice that's meaningless to the customer (even labelled for internal purposes only if you like) that identifies the staff member to you for your own purposes.

Edit. In fact what DaveB said

Comment

Surely this makes no difference to them whatsoever does it?
          I can only imagine the customer doesn't know what IR35 is, or staff at that company had to aid an investigation/give evidence in court.

Comment

I've already removed the reference, as someone said, the customer is always right. I was just wondering where on earth they got that idea from.
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Working...
            X