• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol extension contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol extension contracts

Ive had a contract that is renewed every week since march trough Parasol.

They have been appearing in my parasol account as new contracts each time with an end date, I have rang my agency and they have notified me that it is a rolling contract. However Parasol disagrees with this as they have been provided with end date for the contracts.

What this means for me is that when submitting time sheets I am getting charged stupid administration fees for each an every time the contract is renewed, sometimes by two days or so. This means I could be incurring 27.50 + 27.50 + 27.50 in only one week as I can't enter time sheets for spanning over multiple contracts (even though try are the same).

Is this normal for umbrellas? Or is it the agencies fault? I've tried to push each other for more info, but it's like speaking to two Walls at the moment.

If you was me, who would you be demanding compensation for this crap from?

Originally posted by NotReallyButSeriously View Post

They have been appearing in my parasol account as new contracts each time with an end date, I have rang my agency and they have notified me that it is a rolling contract. However Parasol disagrees with this as they have been provided with end date for the contracts.

What this means for me is that when submitting time sheets I am getting charged stupid administration fees for each an every time the contract is renewed, sometimes by two days or so. This means I could be incurring 27.50 + 27.50 + 27.50 in only one week as I can't enter time sheets for spanning over multiple contracts (even though try are the same).

Is this normal for umbrellas? Or is it the agencies fault? I've tried to push each other for more info, but it's like speaking to two Walls at the moment.

Why not ask the agency to give you a monthly rolling contract instead? I don't see this as Parasol's fault, especially if it is in the Terms and Conditions.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Why not ask the agency to give you a monthly rolling contract instead? I don't see this as Parasol's fault, especially if it is in the Terms and Conditions.
      Originally the client only wanted me for 1 week, they extended with the agency on the day it was supposed to finish, this has been the situation since it started, surely this is rolling. All contracts in parasols System relating to this have the same reference number.

I've emailed parasol but cc'd my agency, to see what they say, I've spoke to the other contractors at work, an thy are having no problems with the way extensions are being issued, but they use different umbrellas.

Comment

Originally the client only wanted me for 1 week, they extended with the agency on the day it was supposed to finish, this has been the situation since it started, surely this is rolling. All contracts in parasols System relating to this have the same reference number.

I've emailed parasol but cc'd my agency, to see what they say, I've spoke to the other contractors at work, an thy are having no problems with the way extensions are being issued, but they use different umbrellas.
        It's is a matter of opinion. As far as I am concerned, if the words similar to "1 week rolling starting from x date with the client and/or contractor having x days notice" appears in the contract, then I would agree it is a rolling contract. But if the contract has an end date and makes no reference to it being rolling, then I fail to see how it is a rolling contract.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

When you say that you are incurring 3 lots of fees NotReally - what period do they cover? Did you do 3 weeks work under 3 separate contracts or did you only work one week??
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

If someone from Parasol is having to sign a new contract renewal for you every couple of days, you can hardly blame them for charging a fee each time.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Hi there

If you want to PM me your details or email me at [email protected] I'll look in to this for you.

Without knowing the specific details and generally speaking, all we would usually need is your agency to email us to inform us that this is a rolling contract.
              Last edited by Steven@Parasol; 28 April 2011, 11:00. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
              X