• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA Accountants - Any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth asking psychocandy for an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AR Tax View Post
      I believe JSA Services Limited is currently growing at the moment via a series of acquisitions. I believe this strategy is backed by their 43% investment firm owner Universal Partners.

They have bought various contractor firms such as Clever Accounts, K&B Accountancy, AccountsNet, Crest Umbrella, etc.

It will be interesting to see how big they plan on getting and whether off payroll means they put more emphasis on buying umbrella companies going forward.

Their prices vary quite widely depending upon the brand/company you are with:
      Accountsnet Ltd: 65 per month plus vat
      Clever Accounts Ltd: 79.50 per month plus vat
      JSA Services Ltd trading as K&B Accountancy Group: 105 per month plus vat
      JSA Services Ltd: 120 per month plus VAT

There was a good comment above about the service you get often depends on the specific individual that you deal with in the organisation.
      Mmm... interesting. I mentioned that the accountant I have at JSA is excellent (I've been contracting for 20 years)... however I'm paying £120 + VAT per month, whereas looks like I could halve that by going to another firm in the group... that's the trouble. I'd rather stick with my very good accountant (the actual person I happen to have looking after my accounts) than save money and be worried every time an official document needs to be filed.
      Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else.

Comment

I thought they were terrible. They are not qualified. Go for Chartered Accountants who have actually passed their exams and are regulated.

Comment

Could anyone recommend an alternative please? I was with AccountsNet and the accountant I had from that was good. Now she's moved on or I don't know?, I'm very unhappy and want to change. My emails get responded by random people and the answers are contradictory. I have to check everything they do or say tripple times. Such a sham...

Comment

Originally posted by Blast View Post
            Could anyone recommend an alternative please? I was with AccountsNet and the accountant I had from that was good. Now she's moved on or I don't know?, I'm very unhappy and want to change. My emails get responded by random people and the answers are contradictory. I have to check everything they do or say tripple times. Such a sham...
            Take a look at the first 2 pages of this forum, there are some recommendations on here.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Blast View Post
              Whoever you choose, make sure they use FreeAgent. Myself, I would call Maslins if I were you. But I no longer need an accountant. If I did, that's who I would talk to first.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
              X