• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My agency hasn't paid me, what can I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I would send them a letter rather than just call and send it by special delivery, as no doubt the account manager will just happen to be in a meeting or away when you call again. Least if you start sending them letters, even if you do also call them, and they don't react it's easier to take the more final steps in chasing a debt.
    A letter definitely carries more weight but a call can sort out things quicker. Perhaps a phone call to discuss it with them, get them to agree that the invoice is overdue and there is no reason that it should not be paid immediately and that they will investigate the reason for non-payment.

Then put a clear and concise summary of your conversation into a letter (stick to the facts, no emotional no ranting or abuse etc) and post it to them "signed for".

If things start getting really fraught, then start sending the letters "signed for" to the director of the company, this gets their attention quick smart.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X