• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Clearings Directory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Clearings Directory

Anyone got a copy of this, ideally 2009 or earlier?

I'm trying to find out more about sort code 30-28-46, which is on the reverse side of a 2009 cheque I'm trying to trace.

Tried this sortingcodes.co.uk - Directory of bank sort codes for UK payment clearing ?

Comment

Thanks, I've sent them an email asking if they can supply 2009 edition or earlier.

Comment

You can also contact APACS directly who will probably be able to assist as well.

Comment

Anything to do with this ? An old Bank Of England number ? The 2009 jogged something might explain why it has disappeared ?

During 2009 HMRC moved its banking services from the Bank of England to Citi and Royal Bank of Scotland Group. This meant that all HMRC bank sort codes and account numbers changed during 2009.

Although HMRC temporarily continued to accept payments made using the old Bank of England account details, this will change during 2010 when the old accounts will be closed. If you’ve not yet set up your payments to go to the new accounts please do so now – see below for more on how to do this. If you pay by Bank Giro, please make sure you use one of the newly issued payslips slips.

If you are paying HMRC by Direct Debit you don’t need to do anything. Your Direct Debit instruction remains active.

Comment

Status
            Sortcode
            Account
            IBAN
            GB95LOYD30284612345678
            Bank
            LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC
            Bank BIC
            LOYDGB21
            Branch
            Private Banking Liverpool
            Branch BIC
            Z23
            Address
            5Th Floor

Number One
            Town
            Liverpool
            Postcode
            L3 9QT
            Phone
            Direct Debits

Comment

Thanks for all your responses.

The Lloyds offices at Liverpool L3 9QT no longer exist.

I heard on the radio this morning that they've shed 30,000 jobs since the end of 2008, so I'm guessing this was part of the restructuring.

I have asked the Building Society who issued the cheque to trace where the money went but they say this will take a few weeks.
              Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 25 July 2011, 07:39.

Comment

Working...
              X