• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Free webinar: Effective stress control for contractors : Mon Mar 22 7:15 PM More details here.

Looking for Accountant Info Glasgow Area

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Looking for Accountant Info Glasgow Area

    Title says it all really - beginning to reconsider current Accountancy arrangement - too expensive and potentially also looking at revisiting the umbrella schemes, been contracting awhile and keen to minimise my outlay, any advice gratefully received

    #2
    Originally posted by paulm View Post
    Title says it all really - beginning to reconsider current Accountancy arrangement - too expensive and potentially also looking at revisiting the umbrella schemes, been contracting awhile and keen to minimise my outlay, any advice gratefully received
    Are you sure you need a local firm? If you are looking to minimise outlay I would checkout the specialise online accountants. I am with InTouch and I get an excellent service via their website and over the telephone. There are several other specialists that advertise here too.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by yorkshireman View Post
      Are you sure you need a local firm? If you are looking to minimise outlay I would checkout the specialise online accountants. I am with InTouch and I get an excellent service via their website and over the telephone. There are several other specialists that advertise here too.
      Very good advice, I went for a local fella and he screwed me over. Went with SJD who I have never met in my life and they are great. To be fair they do have an office in Manchester but never needed to go...

      yorkshireman makes sense
      Aye damn bloody right they do lad.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by paulm View Post
        Title says it all really - beginning to reconsider current Accountancy arrangement - too expensive and potentially also looking at revisiting the umbrella schemes, been contracting awhile and keen to minimise my outlay, any advice gratefully received
        Try Daniel.Moss@sjdaccountancy.com - he works in Glasgow/Edinburgh and has worked well for me.

        Comment


          #5
          re; Recent Accountancy Advice

          Thanks folks ,

          Intriquing no-one seems keen on the umbrella route - are all those >82% retention schemes a little dodgy in the forum's eyes?

          Toodle pip

          Paul

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by paulm View Post
            Thanks folks ,

            Intriquing no-one seems keen on the umbrella route - are all those >82% retention schemes a little dodgy in the forum's eyes?

            Toodle pip

            Paul
            You don't need to ask as the answers are all over this forum.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by paulm View Post
              Thanks folks ,

              Intriquing no-one seems keen on the umbrella route - are all those >82% retention schemes a little dodgy in the forum's eyes?

              Toodle pip

              Paul
              With an Umbrella you pay full PAYE and employer NI as well as employee. Do you mean an EBT scheme?
              Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

              Comment

              Working...
              X