• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
    All,

To those who have replied on this - many thanks. Can everyone please look back for the same?

Date, Address and Signatory of a letter asking you to be bound by a Commissioners / Court ruling
    HMRC office from where this was sent
    Make a scanned copy of it (redact you personal details as needed)
    File it!
    Check if the date of dispatch was after 20th October 2007 - I have been asked if dates before are an issue. Nope. Actually a span of dates will help but needs to be supported by evidence if needed hence the redaction point. But any that fall within a send date of 20 Oct or later and better still, the 1st November 2007 or later the better.

I appreciate that many read this thread but do not post. In any event, please check your HMRC correspondance for date stamps of letters stating the request to be bound by a ruling of the Commissioners (Tax Courts) on the matter. Note the HMRC office that sent it, the date and HMRC official behind it. Scan it, copy it and retain it. Also let me know via PM the same.

Many thanks.

I got this in May 2007. Are you only looking for copies of October 20th and later?

Comment

Something for the weekend

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
      Yes - the weekend starts in just a couple of hours....
      Given it's a Friday, how nice it will be that instead of us receiving bad news messages from HMRC for us to stew on over the weekend they for once get some bad news from us - this will not be going away any time soon...

Thanks to everyone who updated me on the letter point. I've got enough information for now and will contact you for redacted copies as needed. Suffice it to say, witness testimony about the test cases and the alleged position of HMRC about the scheme not working is about as shaky as my hands are the morning after 5 bottles of vino.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
        Given it's a Friday, how nice it will be that instead of us receiving bad news messages from HMRC for us to stew on over the weekend they for once get some bad news from us - this will not be going away any time soon...

Thanks to everyone who updated me on the letter point. I've got enough information for now and will contact you for redacted copies as needed. Suffice it to say, witness testimony about the test cases and the alleged position of HMRC about the scheme not working is about as shaky as my hands are the morning after 5 bottles of vino.
        Thats all very well but I wish we could gain some confidence all this will be heard in the tax tribunal and EHRC when we finally get there. At the moment I have zero confidence that the arguments that specifically matter to me will actually be heard in court.

Comment

Good news !

Lol !! Keep up the good work TSBT !!

Have a good weekend everybody !

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
            Thats all very well but I wish we could gain some confidence all this will be heard in the tax tribunal and EHRC when we finally get there. At the moment I have zero confidence that the arguments that specifically matter to me will actually be heard in court.
            TK, I appreciate your concerns. However, what makes you think that this aspect should be heard at the tax courts? I'd rather hope that this has value so that the only thing being challenged in the tax courts was the law as it stood. This particular aspect has nothing to do with that time frame for reasons you should discover rather soon.

Comment

New thread

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go here for new thread ---> http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ct-2008-a.html

Comment

Working...
              X