• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying out Div`s- Timings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why do you have 4 shareholders? Are you sure it all looks above board should you be investigated or have you just dished them out ot your family to keep your tax liabilities to a minimum?
    That is what I was asking too.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
      That is what I was asking too.
      Bearing in mind the OP's questions in other threads about what is a director and what is a shareholder I seriously think the OP is just running wild with this without truly understanding what he is doing and the implications of it going wrong.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bearing in mind the OP's questions in other threads about what is a director and what is a shareholder I seriously think the OP is just running wild with this without truly understanding what he is doing and the implications of it going wrong.
        Yeah I don't want to jump to conclusions but I suspect when we get down to the nitty gritty of this we will find that this is an attempt to evade tax.

Comment

Why do you have 4 shareholders? Are you sure it all looks above board should you be investigated or have you just dished them out ot your family to keep your tax liabilities to a minimum?
          There isn't a rule on shareholders is there? So if you wish to have all your family as shareholders in your business you can particularly if they have given you money for the business.

Though trying to pay them at different times when you all own the same class of share is suspect.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            There isn't a rule on shareholders is there? So if you wish to have all your family as shareholders in your business you can particularly if they have given you money for the business.

Though trying to pay them at different times when you all own the same class of share is suspect.
            Absolutely right there isn't but when the OP posts something like the comments in the thread below you wonder how badly he is running things. If he can't work out what is a director and what is a shareholder it signals to me that the reasons for giving this sharesholders may, yes be legal, but fail on common sense issues so exposing him should he be investigated.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-year-end.html

Sorry to jump in . Is a director loan per person? I have 4 x shareholders - of which one is a director and 1 x is the company sec- the other two shareholder do not hold any position. Can my company have four directors loan at £6k each ?
            I know but I thought the work Director may be extended to shareholder in some circumstances. Does a Company Sec. count as a director with re to Loans?
            Last edited by northernladuk; 10 August 2011, 10:18.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Absolutely right there isn't but when the OP posts something like the comments in the thread below you wonder how badly he is running things. If he can't work out what is a director and what is a shareholder it signals to me that the reasons for giving this sharesholders may, yes be legal, but fail on common sense issues so exposing him should he be investigated.
              I suppose he's been given advice before but has refused to take it.

However in his case I would:
              1. Have a read of business link
              2. Get a good accountant - I know other family businesses with children who are 16+ where the parents use their child's tax allowance. However the child actually has to do some work for the business, which they actually do. (I have had to listen to some of the teenagers moaning.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X