• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just for fairness I have added Crunch to the list as they have been recommended by posters but SJD do support clients using Clearbooks or Freeagent Central so you are not tied to the spreadsheet. I am sure other accountants take a similar stance. The link below is a bit of a sales pitch but it does highlight SJD's support of using book keeping software.
    Just to set the record straight, you don't actually have to book in a call with your accountant with Crunch as per the info in that link, you can just phone up and speak to them whenever you like.

We've asked SJD to change the info on that page but they ignored us.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 September 2021, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNorris View Post
      Just to set the record straight, you don't actually have to book in a call with your accountant with Crunch as per the info in that link, you can just phone up and speak to them whenever you like.
      Looking at your Twitter feed it doesn't sound like it:

"@pierre_nel Hi again Pierre - can I get you to email the problem to your account manager? Just to make sure it's ticketed properly!"
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
        Looking at your Twitter feed it doesn't sound like it:

"@pierre_nel Hi again Pierre - can I get you to email the problem to your account manager? Just to make sure it's ticketed properly!"
        That was a tech support question, nothing to do with our accountants. They have to go through our support ticketing system to make sure they're recorded / prioritised. Pretty standard stuff.

Comment

Much as the rest of us find this quite entertaining, please take your discussion off-line..
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Much as the rest of us find this quite entertaining, please take your discussion off-line..
            Spoilsport
            P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Non-UK Accountants

I'll start the ball rolling with a proxy.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Thomas Zitzelsperger at expattax.de covers the whole of Germany and does everything by the book.
              Thanks doodab.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

+1 for Thomas Z and Liselotte of expat tax, he/they also come highly recommended by the folks at ToyTown forum which deals with expats living in Germany oh and he has done my accounts for the past few years.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

A contractor buddy and I both signed up with InniAccounts.co.uk a while back. So far i've got no complaints. The online portal interface for inputting transactions/time/pulling out money as a dividend is pretty good, invoices can be quickly generated with a few clicks and if the accountants need paperwork/HMRC info for something, they're quick to let me know via email.

Most importantly, the portal lists EXACTLY how much money i can pull out so I don't fall foul of withdrawing too much-etc

I'm paying about 80 bucks a month all-in-all.

Not sure if this contravenes forum policy (if it does mods, please let me know), but if anyone DOES want to go with them, use code CA3570. Gets you 10% off your monthly fees (also me as well, which is always nice )

Comment

My choice

I have been contracting for over 8 years now.

<mod snip:recommendations only>

I am currently working through an accountancy firm based in Welling, Kent. They are medium sized but very friendly and simple.

Comment

Forgot to ADD

Originally posted by iamintoit View Post
                      I have been contracting for over 8 years now.

Crunch is good, but too big and often less customer centric

I am currently working through an accountancy firm based in Welling, Kent. They are medium sized but very friendly and simple.
                      Forgot to ADD, they're coming up with XERO online accounting.

Comment

Working...
                      X