• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Shooters Hill

Originally posted by iamintoit View Post
    I have been contracting for over 8 years now.

<mod snip:recommendations only>

I am currently working through an accountancy firm based in Welling, Kent. They are medium sized but very friendly and simple.
    Hi, are you working in IT? I live very close to Welling and very interested to hear about your accountant. how did you pick them in the first place over the big companies and how much do you pay to them? I am just about to start working as a contractor and setting up a LTD Company and need tax advice for how to save max. on the tax etc. Many Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
      I'd definately recommend Crunch over SJD any day of the week. And the software is superb compared to the 90's spreadsheet of SJD.
      I think its important to offer both to their clients, depending on what they are more comfortable with or are used to. Regardless, whatever bookeeping package you are using, it needs to be backed up with a knowledgeable accountant and appropriate accounting software to enable the various filing (not in the slightest bit biased of course!)

Comment

Mod note.

Hi Meera,

Please the the T&Cs on this board. Blatant advertising is not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Meera @ K&B Accountancy View Post
          Mod note.

Hi Meera,

Please the the T&Cs on this board. Blatant advertising is not allowed.
          Not the first time either I see!

Comment

My apologies, I've not been able to use this site often but will review the T&C's and offer impartial, unbiased advise going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Meera @ K&B Accountancy View Post
              My apologies, I've not been able to use this site often but will review the T&C's and offer impartial, unbiased advice going forward.
              What is it with the advise/advice thing? Must be the 5th one this week.

The next person that does it gets a kick in the crutch.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

'Your' so picky! Advicing people is prefectly normal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I've just done what I myself hate seeing!

Comment

Almost as bad as an accounting practise

Comment

Crotch
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X