• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wokingcontract View Post
    Is tempting - but had very bad experience transferring to InTouch accounting - mishandled the whole procedure and I ended up with significant fines - very poor company - so would need gaurantees about the transfer process
    If you are transferring from Intouch, you should be able to export all of your information from the portal in CSV files.

When you then transfer onto FreeAgent, you can upload the bank statements in CSV files quickly for the current accounting period. Then it will only be the invoices, expenses and mileage claims for the current year that need to be entered manually.

The handover process should be simple and easy to complete. You'll likely have a 30 day notice period and so this should be enough time for both your previous and new accountant to let you know who will be responsible, so nothing is dropped in the middle!

We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What's your motivator behind this? If it's to get the services cheaper then I don't think it's a good idea. At best you are going to save a couple of hundred tops but expose yourself to all sorts of problems.
      I have been used to doing the bookkeeping and final accounts myself for the last 12 yrs and coming from a previous life as an accountant help. It's very difficult to handover and not to be involved.

However my anticipated needs nowadays are beyond traditional accounting which is why I need that goto person for advises I more than happy to pay for, so I guess an Accountant + Financial adviser rolled into one ..... or 2
      Last edited by css_jay99; 24 May 2018, 14:17.

Comment

It's for advice not for advises by the way.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It's for advice not for advises by the way.
          lol, I went through my post to make sure you did not come back with a smart remark!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
            If you are transferring from Intouch, you should be able to export all of your information from the portal in CSV files.

When you then transfer onto FreeAgent, you can upload the bank statements in CSV files quickly for the current accounting period. Then it will only be the invoices, expenses and mileage claims for the current year that need to be entered manually.

The handover process should be simple and easy to complete. You'll likely have a 30 day notice period and so this should be enough time for both your previous and new accountant to let you know who will be responsible, so nothing is dropped in the middle!

Can I transfer now - have been told by a primate based accountant that I could only transfer at the financial year end - is that the case with aardvark?

Comment

Accountants

You can in theory transfer at any point in the year end but best check your T&C's to make sure they're not going to charge for the remainder of the year. We don't have notice periods, other firms do so best check your terms. With the online software it makes moving a lot easier.

We've taken on a few from firms with other portals and tend to handle any system migration as I'm sure others do.

Comment

Thanks for that - have emailled Maslins and Aardvark so waiting for response - will see what their response times are like :-)

Gorilla had a web chat which was good

Comment

Thanks for that - have emailled Maslins and Aardvark so waiting for response - will see what their response times are like :-)

Gorilla had a web chat which was good
                  We're all ears!

Comment

Ok just sacked the JOKE that is InTouch Accounting - hopefully will get a better service now - thanks for all the advice

Comment

Half the Maslins team were at Accountex today (including me). Hopefully the staff remaining in the office got back to you swiftly and well enough...!

Comment

Working...
                      X