Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests - Page 59
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Posts 581 to 586 of 586

Quote Originally Posted by Maslins View Post
    I would assume the client (and indeed whoever mentioned the term to them) won't mean a formal audit, they'll just mean full statutory accounts prepared by a qualified firm of accountants that comply with Cos Hse standards. Ie not just a P&L/balance sheet management accounts exported from your bookkeeping software signed off by the director.

We've had clients tell us they need audited accounts dozens of times. We've never done an audit. The (unaudited) accounts we've prepared are consistently accepted.

Same way lenders will refer to Ltd Co owners as "self employed", when they're not. Call us accountants pedants if you like but I genuinely think it doesn't help when big organisations that should know better use the wrong terminology.
    yes just meant full statutory accounts. thanks for your thoughts everybody

Still gathering requirements...

Default FreeAgent file only eoy accounts- best price?

My previous accountant charged £150+vat for basic EOY accounts based off my freeagent data but he has stopped trading. Some of the prices I'm now seeing online seem pretty wild by comparison. Can anyone recommend an accountant with a low price for this? Thanks

Nervous Newbie

I've been with same folk for nearly 5 years. Last year they were taken over and merged offices. Service has gone down the toilet since.

This morning I pointed out an error on FreeAgent by asking why the expenses outstanding appeared inflated.... I got the reply "The balance owe increase due to expenses claimed through the company."

I asked for a discussion with someone about tax efficient way of closing the business down when I want to pack it it" and I got 3 bullet points about the Companies Register,

strewth,,,I pay for this... time to move

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by Rafd View Post
    My previous accountant charged £150+vat for basic EOY accounts based off my freeagent data but he has stopped trading. Some of the prices I'm now seeing online seem pretty wild by comparison. Can anyone recommend an accountant with a low price for this? Thanks
    I can spot the very reason he stopped trading in the same sentence!

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafd View Post
    My accountant charges c. £500 +VAT for EOY accounts and CT calc/filing. I just supply a TB and closing bank statements.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    My accountant charges c. £500 +VAT for EOY accounts and CT calc/filing. I just supply a TB and closing bank statements.
    One thing I've learnt over the years is that the reason why things look expensive is because once you factor in the cost of recruiting you as a customer (advertising, salesman....) a lot of money has been spent and that £500 + VAT has to cover a lot of those costs.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment