• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone recommend Gorilla?

I've noticed that my previous accountant from NW went there.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 30 December 2020, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by ndl View Post
      Would anyone recommend Gorilla ?

Yes I would. I'll PM you a referral link if you like.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 30 December 2020, 16:05.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Dolan have been brilliant for me so far as a first timer. Freeagent couldn't be easier to use and they - well Lauren actually - is lightning fast in responding to emails. Couldn't ask for more at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ndl View Post
          Would anyone recommend ?

They are a million times better than NXW! When the ships sinking the more astute employees always bail out first.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 30 December 2020, 16:05.

Comment

Just wondering for recommendations on accountants happy to look at year ends, any other services and advises will be additionally paid.

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
              Just wondering for recommendations on accountants happy to look at year ends, any other services and advises will be additionally paid.
              What's your motivator behind this? If it's to get the services cheaper then I don't think it's a good idea. At best you are going to save a couple of hundred tops but expose yourself to all sorts of problems.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Does freeagent handle dividend calculations as well? - current accountant seems incapable of working that out so looking to change

Comment

Originally posted by ITcon View Post
                  I can recommend propitious consulting always been very helpful and cheaper than my last accountants, know of a few contractors who use them and are happy.
                  Do they work out what proportion to take as dividend and what as wage ?

Comment

Originally posted by wokingcontract View Post
                    Does freeagent handle dividend calculations as well? - current accountant seems incapable of working that out so looking to change
                    Yes - FreeAgent works out the profit available for dividend distributions, after an estimated corporation tax liability for the year.

It then also does the dividend paperwork too.

Plus, at the same time, it can estimate your personal tax liabilities too.

We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
                      Yes - FreeAgent works out the profit available for dividend distributions, after an estimated corporation tax liability for the year.

It then also does the dividend paperwork too.

Plus, at the same time, it can estimate your personal tax liabilities too.

Is tempting - but had very bad experience transferring to InTouch accounting - mishandled the whole procedure and I ended up with significant fines - very poor company - so would need gaurantees about the transfer process

Comment

Working...
                      X