• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI Guys,
    I'm working as a contractor in the UK under a ltd company but am based in another European country.

Do you know any accountant or accounting service which is familiar with the specificies of non residents ?

Gorilla already replied to my email saying they are not.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Gorilla is still OK for me. You don't need to read all 45 pages. You only want recent posts about them so just work a few pages backwards from this one. They are mentioned a few times. Someone mentioned them today as a happy customer but I can't find the post.

To filter out threads involving gorilla this year you could do a search like the one below.
      gorilla 2018 site:forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal - Google Search

If you do make a decision to go with them I'll split the referral fee with you if you want. I don't mind either way.
      I need to create a limited company and get an accountant for my first contract that starts at the end of the month. I've followed the advice here and read the past several pages of this thread, Gorilla seem to be the most recommended of the accountants recommended here. Is the split referral offer still on?

Comment

Non-residents

Originally posted by designman View Post
        HI Guys,
        I'm working as a contractor in the UK under a ltd company but am based in another European country.

Do you know any accountant or accounting service which is familiar with the specificies of non residents ?
        Certainly do depending on your circumstances. I'm sure there are others as well.

Comment

tossing up

has anyone had any recent experience with Dolan? tossing up between them and Gorilla
          was looking at DanBro but don't seem quite as price competive
          would appreciate any thoughs and cheers in advance

Comment

I'm looking for a new accountant after being messed around by Brookson far too many times for their fees. Gorilla seem to be favoured here, anyone know what their fees are, they don't appear to publicise them.

A split referral is on offer as a reward
            Last edited by Scoi; 29 November 2018, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
              I'm looking for a new accountant after being messed around by Brookson far too many times for their fees. Gorilla seem to be favoured here, anyone know what their fees are, they don't appear to publicise them.

A split referral is on offer as a reward
              I'll take it. Just mention Nluk and CUK.

Fees are mentioned in a few places from what I can see
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 30 November 2018, 09:18.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post
                Certainly do depending on your circumstances. I'm sure there are others as well.
                Sorry I missed your message.
                I contacted your firm through the contact form on your website.

Comment

Hi All,

I have been following this forum and this thread in particular for some time to gain knowledge for my imminent move into contracting.

I have now decided now that Gorilla accounting are well respected and is the way I want to go to help set up my ltd co and then to provide me with the usual accounting service. As a newbie into the contracting world, would you agree?

I would also appreciate it if anyone wants to share the referral?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurps View Post
                    Hi All,

I have been following this forum and this thread in particular for some time to gain knowledge for my imminent move into contracting.

I have now decided now that Gorilla accounting are well respected and is the way I want to go to help set up my ltd co and then to provide me with the usual accounting service. As a newbie into the contracting world, would you agree?

I would also appreciate it if anyone wants to share the referral?

Thanks.
                    I'm with them and I would agree. They'll help you with the setup and the basics and will help you get used to Freeagent which is a great tool.

Remember though, it's your business to run. You need to understand your finances as you ultimately sign them off. Ask as many questions of your accountant until you understand.

I'll split the referral. Mention Nluk and that you want to split. They'll know.

Good luck.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'm with them and I would agree. They'll help you with the setup and the basics and will help you get used to Freeagent which is a great tool.

Remember though, it's your business to run. You need to understand your finances as you ultimately sign them off. Ask as many questions of your accountant until you understand.

I'll split the referral. Mention Nluk and that you want to split. They'll know.

Good luck.
                      Hi,
                      Many thanks for your swift reply and for the advice. I will contact them tomorrow to get the ball rolling and provide your name given so that we can split the referral. I have so many questions and will ensure I am clued up before fully committing but this forum has already helped with providing me with the fundamental info.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X