• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    to be clear.
    It's not a cash referral.
    It's a £100 + VAT payment into the LTD. company.
    It's also some (3 I think) months after the new customer has been with Gorilla.
    I believe you can chose to have it paid personally but it's less effecient.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      to be clear.
      It's not a cash referral.
      It's a £100 + VAT payment into the LTD. company.
      It's also some (3 I think) months after the new customer has been with Gorilla.
      haha, yeah, I don't know why I typed cash. they said it is 2 months after. thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I believe you can chose to have it paid personally but it's less effecient.
        They told me they will email me to request an an invoice after two months for the referral fee. I mentioned NLUK from contractor uk forum, hope that should be fine. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aaaajin View Post
          They told me they will email me to request an an invoice after two months for the referral fee. I mentioned NLUK from contractor uk forum, hope that should be fine. Thanks.
          Splendid. Thank you.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

ditching QA Accounting

After months of pain having to deal with unanswered emails, me, chasing QA about accounting issues they should have been chasing me about, and a dreadful portal I have come to the decision to ditch QA. Now looking for a FreeAgent friendly accountant that doesn't rely on email as the primary mode of comminication if anyone has any latest recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
              After months of pain having to deal with unanswered emails, me, chasing QA about accounting issues they should have been chasing me about, and a dreadful portal I have come to the decision to ditch QA. Now looking for a FreeAgent friendly accountant that doesn't rely on email as the primary mode of comminication if anyone has any latest recommendations?
              I'd think all accountants will use email as a means of communication for certain things, as some things are better put in writing. However, if you would rather speak on the phone as the primary medium of contact, most should be able to accommodate this. Would be happy to have a chat about how we work.
              Last edited by Alchemy Accountancy; 27 August 2019, 10:52.

Comment

Intouch were appalling

I had terrible service from Intouch. It took 5 iterations of my year end accounts to get the posting of a journal for £252 (ironically for Intouch services) into the accounts correctly. I have very limited transactions, 1 invoice per month and minimal expenses - how can it be difficult??

I'm still waiting for my PAYE records for 2017/18 to be reinstated/filed, PAYE which should have been submitted by Intouch never showed up on my HMRC records & the previous records were deleted when Intouch tried to fix it.

The Customer Service manager doesn't bother to respond. Needless to say, I'm no longer a client and definitely wouldn't recommend. I would recommend people to read the reviews on Trust Pilot before going with an Accountant.

Comment

After reading around the post and forums and playing around with both FreeAgent and Xero, I have decided to go with Gorilla Accounting.

£89 + VAT seems fair and they did say there's no long term contracts so I feel going with them is a good move until I think otherwise.

Anything else I should know/do before pulling the trigger? Like many I have just set up my own limited company and have already started contracting and using my business card. All my work is digital so keeping track of what's going in and out should be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by centrix105 View Post
                    Anything else I should know/do before pulling the trigger? Like many I have just set up my own limited company and have already started contracting and using my business card. All my work is digital so keeping track of what's going in and out should be easy.
                    Gorilla Accounting are ok if you get a decent experienced accountant assigned. So watch out you don’t get a junior accountant assigned as it’ll just cause unnecessary frustration as they seem quite overloaded and send generic emails not relevant to your company circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                      Anyone know anything about these guys?

Contractors APS

CONTRACTORS APS LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

They are very keen to get people onboard, offering pretty much the full packaged at half the cost of most other providers, they even keen to do a 1 year £60 trial (so they say). Yes, if it is too good to be true, 99% of the time ALWAYS is.
                      They still have this offer, just called me up. I politely said the offer is too good to be true and I don't deal with cold callers.

Comment

Working...
                      X