• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorilla Referral

Hi guys, I think I'll be signing up with Gorilla, anyone want to split referral?

Comment

I found my accountant when I had one off AIMS - not sure they are geared for contractors though.

Comment

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Originally posted by Isotope View Post
        I found my accountant when I had one off AIMS - not sure they are geared for contractors though.
        Thanks for this great advise, world class

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Dumping the Accountancy Company

My LtdCo has only been running since December 2019 and I decided to pay Clearsky to manage my accounts. I'm now having all kinds of concerns about their business but don't know how I can dump them and start using another accountancy.

Can anyone tell me whether switching is straightforward? What info/data might I need from clearsky?

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
            My LtdCo has only been running since December 2019 and I decided to pay Clearsky to manage my accounts. I'm now having all kinds of concerns about their business but don't know how I can dump them and start using another accountancy.

Can anyone tell me whether switching is straightforward? What info/data might I need from clearsky?
            The new accountant should be able to handle this for you, and make the process relatively straightforward. I'd suggest speaking to whichever accountant you plan on going with and they should be able to talk-through the process in detail based on your exact circumstances.

Comment

The usual process would be to let them know you're leaving, agree your final fee and what work they have to complete to the cessation of their service, advise your new accountants and give them authority to contact them for handover.

The new accountants should then write a professional clearance letter asking if there is any reason why they shouldn't act and if there is no reason, for your old accountant to provide a list of information that has been requested.

Your only involvement in the switch is to tell them you're leaving, instruct the new accountant to contact them and let them deal with the smooth handover of the information. Should be painless and straightforward.
              Last edited by Craig@Clarity; 16 June 2020, 10:41. Reason: typo

Comment

If you engage an accountant regulated by a professional body such as ACCA or ACA, they will follow the process to obtain a professional clearance from the old accountant. Clearsky website indicates that they are a member of ACCA so the process should be straightforward if your new accountant is also a regulated firm, and might be also ensure that your new dedicated accountant is also a qualified accountant not just the firm.

Comment

Really take this long

Thinking about leaving my current accountant.

Been told I have to wait 12 weeks for my YE accounts to be produced by them. There is no flexibility on the 12 weeks unless I pay a fee of £500 to expedite it.

Going forward I don’t want to be put in this situation again. Can anyone recommend an accountant who prepares YE books faster than 12 weeks? cheers

Comment

The 12 weeks is within the deadline I take it?

Sounds like normal to me

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      The 12 weeks is within the deadline I take it?

Sounds like normal to me

yes within the deadline

Comment

Working...
                      X