• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiries - How do they start?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have insurance to cover the costs of professional representation and have already contacted them i just posted this for information as it appears to be a new approach

Comment

You shouldn't be paying an accountant who isn't up to speed with IR35.

But as others have said PCG is good insurance.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by zoomfwd View Post
        I have insurance to cover the costs of professional representation and have already contacted them i just posted this for information as it appears to be a new approach
        Many thanks zoomfwd, much appreciated.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I had a random PAYE review at the beginning of 2008, what then followed was a three and a half year IR35 investigation which has only recently been dropped. So don't rule out an investigation even if you never put a foot wrong, and make sure you have tax investigation insurance otherwise HMRC will grind you down!
          .Net and iPhone developer - check out Contractor Expenses app @ www.ContractorExpensesApp.com

Comment

Originally posted by srennocks View Post
            I had a random PAYE review at the beginning of 2008, what then followed was a three and a half year IR35 investigation which has only recently been dropped. So don't rule out an investigation even if you never put a foot wrong, and make sure you have tax investigation insurance otherwise HMRC will grind you down!
            Unbelievable! How much do you think a 3 1/2 year investigation cost HMRC?

Tax money well (mis)spent.

Well done for sticking it out and having the foresight to buy insurance.

That reminds me...
            Wibble

Comment

Originally posted by srennocks View Post
              Who insured you and did they pay out with no problem?

How much would it have cost if you did not have insurance

Comment

This thread makes me think I'd better get shifted and get IR35 insurance sorted.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  This thread makes me think I'd better get shifted and get IR35 insurance sorted.
                  Just join the PCG with Plus membership and stop worrying about any of it.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                  X