• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I sue a client directly???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I sue a client directly???

Been on a contract and had some issues with the client regarding roles and responsibilities and expected output. Is it possible to sue the client directly based on emails about what is expected and what is being asked for in terms of deliverables? Had a chat with the agency and they basically say that this is directly between me and the client - while my contract is with the agency and not the client?

Originally posted by dinomat View Post
    Been on a contract and had some issues with the client regarding roles and responsibilities and expected output. Is it possible to sue the client directly based on emails about what is expected and what is being asked for in terms of deliverables? Had a chat with the agency and they basically say that this is directly between me and the client - while my contract is with the agency and not the client?
    I'm not sure what you would be suing them for? If you are not getting on well at the client then start looking for a new contract. Life's too short.

The exception to this is if the agency hasn't paid you, if this happens then start dunning. But the advice above still stands in whatever case.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

sue them for what .?

sue them for what .? for you being rubbish.? what is the beef.?

Comment

For god's sake, this is the second person threatening to sue their client. Grow up. If more people started doing this, it will devestate cotnractor's ability to get work. The reason companies use contractors is for the lack of effort required on their behalf. No commitment, no career progression, no reviews, no HR issues. Thats why we get paid more.

Either put up with it, or find another contract. This is the hard-nosed world of business we are in, not a graduate scheme!

Comment

"Are you a contractor? Has your role & responsibilities changed from the original contract? Just call 1-800-NUM-NUTS, and we'll get Bill Murray to personally sue the client for this misfortune."

Comment

There are circumstances where you can sue the client separately from the agency but at the moment you have nothing to sue them about.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Contracting is about being flexible and sometimes JFDI. I ended up patching our entire infrastructure on one project last year because my client had "mis-aligned" the back to back contracts and bought structured cabling to the patch racks and nothing further. After I had finished laughing at the knob that caused it. I shrugged picked a few guys and went to the Data centres, and one weekend of overtime later we were back on track.

Never seen data room patching in a TDA job reference before, but there I was with 2000 cables... The engineers really respected the fact that I came and got stuck in, and the managers got off the hook, and I got extended.

Comment

Working...
              X