• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD company and CSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the calculator

Take a look at Child maintenance calculator - Child Support Agency and plug your numbers in. If you're on over £600-ish a day then (after a reasonable subtraction for tax / expenses etc) you then hit the upper threshold of £2k per week net.

If you use the calulator for one child and you hardly see them (<52 days a year) then you're on for a £1,300 whack. Thats absolute top-end in your case. See your child more - say alternate weekends and a share of school holidays - then its a £1,114 contribution.

All this is small change compared to what you'll lose in the actual financial settlement though ;-)

Be sure not to muddle up Child Maint & Spousal Maint. SM is for your ex, is negotiable in the settlement and can stop at certain trigger events you'll want in your order (remarriage, 6-months cohabitation etc.). CM is NOT optional and is for your child - you need to get your head around that pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      I would have thought just leaving your wife ... Leaving your wife/partner ...
      It amazes me the number of people who just assume that in the case of a marriage breakup, particularly when there is children, it was the guy who is to blame and that he just walked out on his family, obviously for another woman or for a better deal.

How do you know that it wasn't his wife who was responsible for the break-up, and that either he wanted them to stay together or that her behaviour had become so intolerable that he had no choice?

Before anyone labels me as obviously being a bitter ex-husband, I'm actually married.

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post
        It amazes me the number of people who just assume that in the case of a marriage breakup, particularly when there is children, it was the guy who is to blame and that he just walked out on his family, obviously for another woman or for a better deal.

How do you know that it wasn't his wife who was responsible for the break-up, and that either he wanted them to stay together or that her behaviour had become so intolerable that he had no choice?

Before anyone labels me as obviously being a bitter ex-husband, I'm actually married.
        Spot on! and ive been there!

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          I don't mind paying to provide for my children, as long as i'd get regular access to them. No access == no payment.
          Ouch! Glad I'm not your child.
          Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post

Surely this doesn't matter, as it isn't the childrens fault? I think in any case, simply not being part of the familial home doesn't absolve you of your responsibilities to your children.

This was in response to the statement, effectively, asking with how little they could get away with paying. It doesn't really matter who caused the break up, what does matter is that the kids are treated the same, as no matter whose fault it is, it isn't the kids, so why should they suffer because you don't get on with your wife anymore...

As for the 'you don't know anyone until you divorce them'. That really comes across as bitter. I would hope that after dating for 10 years, and being married for 20, I would know the person I sleep with at night, the mother of my children, and my best friend. If I did lose all that, I wouldn't be making the kids suffer becasue if it...

Comment

I think you are missing the point that was being made. The CSA ALWAYS go on the side of the female. The job of the CSA is to ensure fairness and that the children are cared for. They dont do that. All they say is pay the female XXXX.

I have joint custody of my kids, i have them almost 50% of the time yet I still pay a fortune to my ex. My reason for doing this is clear. If is didnt she'd stop me having the kids on the days i wanted and the CSA wouldnt care two tulips. She is about to remarry and that still makes no difference to any payments. I'll continue to fund her lifestyle. THE LAW IS AN ASS>

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
                I think you are missing the point that was being made. The CSA ALWAYS go on the side of the female. The job of the CSA is to ensure fairness and that the children are cared for. They dont do that. All they say is pay the female XXXX.

I have joint custody of my kids, i have them almost 50% of the time yet I still pay a fortune to my ex. My reason for doing this is clear. If is didnt she'd stop me having the kids on the days i wanted and the CSA wouldnt care two tulips. She is about to remarry and that still makes no difference to any payments. I'll continue to fund her lifestyle. THE LAW IS AN ASS>
                I get that, and understand it is flawed, my argument was in the way it was put i.e. how much can I get away with payiny; I merely wanted to state that this was a flawed way of thinking, givn they are your kids.

I have no doubts the CSA is a flawed org, and being a man, know my nuts would no longer be mine were this to happen to me, I just thought the guys thinking was flawed from the getgo - How little can I pay even though they are my kids. That's the issue I had.

Comment

Surely this doesn't matter, as it isn't the childrens fault? I think in any case, simply not being part of the familial home doesn't absolve you of your responsibilities to your children.
                  True, but that wasn't the aspect of your post that I was referring to. Rather, its tone and its wording rather suggested that you were assuming that he was to blame for the breakup and that he'd just walked out on his family.

Comment

As for the 'you don't know anyone until you divorce them'. That really comes across as bitter. I would hope that after dating for 10 years, and being married for 20, I would know the person I sleep with at night, the mother of my children, and my best friend. If I did lose all that, I wouldn't be making the kids suffer becasue if it...
                    Clearly you have never been divorced. The family courts make it very adverserial. Its a bit like your house being on fire, calling the fire brigade and then watching them pour nepalm on it.
                    Last edited by BrilloPad; 29 February 2012, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post

Have you spoken to FNF? IMO(IANAL) you have a good case for an ex-parte custody order. The courts almost always maintain the status quo.

As I have the kids 4 days per week (my ex has 3) the CSA cannot get involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X