Contract Review Contract Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Contract Review

Super poster

Default Contract Review

Has anyone had their contract reviewed to see if it is outside of IR35 and if so did they find it particularly useful and would you recommend it?

Contractor Among Contractors

Yes, and I would recommend it - I use Qdos.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    Has anyone had their contract reviewed to see if it is outside of IR35 and if so did they find it particularly useful and would you recommend it?
    One of the benefits of having your contract reviewed is that you can hopefully see the main factors in context (control, substitution & lack of MOO), and the reviewer will explain what matters, why it matters, and how your written terms compare. Then perhaps review your working conditions, via a questionnaire or discussed over the phone, and explain how they compare to the contract. They should also be able to suggest changes to make the contract stronger (assuming such changes would be realistic) although many agencies won't adjust standard contracts. In my experience the better your rate, the more likely they are to accommodate any changes you wish to make.

As a learning exercise for you, I think it's worth it. Also have a read through the PCG contracts so you can compare them to yours, it's useful to see the 'ideal' next to the agencies definition of 'IR35 friendly'.

Should post faster

We offer contract reviews here at SJD. It’s always good to get your contract reviewed as, along with your day to day practices, determines how you should be running and paying yourself from your Limited company.

Super poster

When I read through my agency contract with Harvey Nash I found it to be quite wooley with not a lot of detail in I gather it's probably standard across other agencies aswell. I'm with an umbrella company at the moment but I'm planning on going limited in the new year.

Super poster

When I read through my agency contract with Harvey Nash I found it to be quite wooley with not a lot of detail in I gather it's probably standard across other agencies aswell. I'm with an umbrella company at the moment but I'm planning on going limited in the new year.

Agencies usually have different contracts for umbrella and limited, ask HN for a copy of the contract they would issue should you be limited and get that one reviewed.

You're right though, most are pretty standard.

More time posting than coding

Default Contract Review

If you are planning on going Limted i would reccommend you get your contract reviewed for IR35. It is always good to make sure that you are running your company correctly too.

We offer IR35 contract review here at Smith craven.

Super poster

Thank you all, you've been really helpful the information you've provided me with will come in very handy I appreciate it

Faqqed Off

Every contract gets reviewed. I don't start work until the contract has been reviewed and approved.

Sometimes there are some changes that I have made, sometimes I use my judgement about whether they are inconsequential or not.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Every contract gets reviewed. I don't start work until the contract has been reviewed and approved.

Sometimes there are some changes that I have made, sometimes I use my judgement about whether they are inconsequential or not.
    I bet you're very experienced at spotting if any changes need to made, do you now do your own reviews?