• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend experienced accountant with online software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Here is a list of accountant recommendation threads I put together. We get this so often now no one bothers to reply...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html
    Thanks for the link, but I note that there were none in Wales. Surely there must be at least one good accountants in Wales?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Thanks for the link, but I note that there were none in Wales. Surely there must be at least one good accountants in Wales?
      Start here - PCG Accredited Accountant | PCG - and stick in your postcode...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

UniversaTax based in Cardiff.

Online portal for submitting stuff

£78/pm

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          UniversaTax based in Cardiff.

Online portal for submitting stuff

£78/pm
          Have you used them?
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Have you used them?
            Does it matter?

A while back I used & recommended Uptons.

Obviously I'm not with Uptons anymore and moved to a company based more locally.

Comment

Actually when you put it that way no it doesn't. After all Parasol were recommended to me by a friend and look how that turned out
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Only just saw this thread....

Not going to name names but under no circumstances go anywhere near the PCG recommended accountant listed in Bridgend.

I went with them and ended up moving after 2 months. Mate of mine (also a contractor) did too and it went the same way. Totally useless waste of money - knows nothing about IT contractors.

I moved to NixonWilliams. Never met my accountant - all done by email but excellent service from them.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Only just saw this thread....

Not going to name names but under no circumstances go anywhere near the PCG recommended accountant listed in Bridgend.

I went with them and ended up moving after 2 months. Mate of mine (also a contractor) did too and it went the same way. Totally useless waste of money - knows nothing about IT contractors.

I moved to NixonWilliams. Never met my accountant - all done by email but excellent service from them.
                  Thanks for the update, it seems there are a fair few cowboys out there by all accounts and that includes Umbrella Companies as well as Accountants.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yeh. To be honest, I thought PCG accredited - must be good. It turns out they need to pass some sort of exam to get this (and probably pay the PCG to be listed).

Looked like the company in question could see some lucrative dosh from IT contractors and fancied a bit of that. Turned out didn't really have a clue about any of it. Made a complete mess of almost everything they did (couldnt even arrange to send me the correct direct debit form).
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Yeh. To be honest, I thought PCG accredited - must be good. It turns out they need to pass some sort of exam to get this (and probably pay the PCG to be listed).

Looked like the company in question could see some lucrative dosh from IT contractors and fancied a bit of that. Turned out didn't really have a clue about any of it. Made a complete mess of almost everything they did (couldnt even arrange to send me the correct direct debit form).
                      Just goes to show what people will do to cash in on some lucre, my god incompetent doesn't even cut it
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X