• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend experienced accountant with online software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend experienced accountant with online software

My old one is increasing the pay. Now they want 120 a month. We are going for a real pain ride for few years from now on and they want more money. Crazy.

I want an experienced responsible accountant who will a) have online system to input the basic information (invoice, expenses, bank/card transactions) b) file everything what the law requires on my behalf and in time c) monitor monthly the information I input and request in time if anything is missing.

b - is most important. I dont want an IT company who pretend to ba an accountant. I want an accountant who uses advantages of online approach to save his time.

And I think the reasonable price for it is £50.

any ideas please?

P.S. how much might cost moving accounts from one accountant to another?

What you ask for sounds like the service Intouch Accounting provide, but it will cost you more than £50 month unfortunately. I've been with them since earlier this year and the wife (who does the bulk of the admin) is quite happy with them and their online system.

Comment

Thank you. I will be reviewing all the options but still want to get that trusting feeling towards the company. I know you can find good service for less and extremily bad one for twice as expensive. I am just looking....

Comment

Another one, FFS...

As you have rightly spotted, gettng the right accountant is pretty much a necessity. So stop fannying about with the price, it doesn't matter. Find one that does what you want in the way you want it done and has been reccomended by someone you can trust, and pay for it.

The most you'll save over the year is about £500; set that against the gross income you are trying to safeguard...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Another one, FFS......
          I want to know what services other people are using and what they think. My first accountant was the biggest mouth on the forums. And I know they real inner ego. we parted few weeks after the beginning. but from outside they are respectable almost gentlmen.

so if you dont have anything to say on the subject just pass please. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by maxima View Post
            I want to know what services other people are using and what they think. My first accountant was the biggest mouth on the forums. And I know they real inner ego. we parted few weeks after the beginning. but from outside they are respectable almost gentlmen.

so if you dont have anything to say on the subject just pass please. thank you
            You ask questions, you get answers. It's kinda how it works. Sometimes the answers aren't what you want to hear. That's how it works as well. You know what you want from your accountant, so go out and find it. Just don't use price as a criterion, only as an arbiter.

Mine does payroll, year end accounting and VAT, does my SAR and makes sure I never mss a filing or payment deadline. I get clear advice on my year end position, correction of any errors I've made on my data entry and advice on anything I've ever had a need to ask questions about. Plus IR35 reviews on demand and clear indicators of potetnial CT liability and dividend availability. For £95 a month.

Recently they recovered a two-year old £1,750 overpayment to HMRC (that was my fault, not theirs, I didn't do what they said ) so that's their last 18 months' fees covered. I think that's cheap. YMMV.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Mine does payroll, year end accounting and VAT, does my SAR and makes sure I never mss a filing or payment deadline. I get clear advice on my year end position, correction of any errors I've made on my data entry and advice on anything I've ever had a need to ask questions about. Plus IR35 reviews on demand and clear indicators of potetnial CT liability and dividend availability.
              They sound really good, would you care to share who you use?
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                They sound really good, would you care to share who you use?
                Expensive, inefficient, unhelpful SJD. And have done for seven years.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

From the other side of the fence

Expecting a £100 pcm service for a £50 fee is unrealistic. If you want to pay £50, then you'll have to expect the service to be built down to that cost. Forgive me, but most clients don't know what is involved or how to go about managing their company's financial affairs. So, if like most, your VAT done, your dividend paperwork taken care of, your tax return done, kept up to date with the legislation etc, expect to pay nearer £100 pcm. And for that you can expect a reasonable high level of customer care. If however, you are willing to do your own VAT and payroll etc then its perfectly feasible to get a "year end only" service for IRO £400 per year.

But, and its a big but, while the fee being charged can be important and is of course relevant, DO NOT make your decision based on the fee charged. Its really not an area where penny-pinching is advised.

Comment

Here is a list of accountant recommendation threads I put together. We get this so often now no one bothers to reply...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X