• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need rid of my accountant fast...Any good ones for under 50/pm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as contractors keep thinking they are a group of their own, we will always be vulnerable to localised attacks. I run a UK Limited Company, just like 1.4 million other people. That's all the taxman needs to worry about. If he thinks I shouldn't have a limited company, he'll have to figure out a way to stop me having one. What he can't do is tax mine on a different basis to any other SME.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      As long as contractors keep thinking they are a group of their own, we will always be vulnerable to localised attacks. I run a UK Limited Company, just like 1.4 million other people. That's all the taxman needs to worry about. If he thinks I shouldn't have a limited company, he'll have to figure out a way to stop me having one. What he can't do is tax mine on a different basis to any other SME.
      Absolutely spot on - really couldn't agree more.
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Here, here

NorthernladUk,

You took the words out of my mouth, for £50 pm you'd be lucky if he's still working in the correct tax year, get a new one and remember he's your accountant not your maid!?!

Ramp up the £50pm to £1500pm and I'll give you details of a tax solution so filthy you'll need and NDA and a bath afterwards.

In the words of Jerry Maguire - Show Me The Money
        DG

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          However the taxman are all civil servants -- the worst kind of premise who have wasted their whole life away behind the same desk. It's really difficult to get them understand the concept of business.

Comment

Working...
          X