• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need rid of my accountant fast...Any good ones for under 50/pm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need rid of my accountant fast...Any good ones for under 50/pm

I'm going to sack my piss poor accountant after this years records are done..Does anyone know any good ones who reply to emails etc, for around 50 pounds per month?

Just need someone to do the books each year, nothing fancy...for a limited

You get what you pay for.

I'll do your accounting for 50 a month.

Comment

Picking an accountant is like planning a project: Cheap, quick, good. Pick two.

Comment

New accountant

Originally posted by Jeystone View Post
        I'm going to sack my piss poor accountant after this years records are done..Does anyone know any good ones who reply to emails etc, for around 50 pounds per month?

You want to pick the best accountant for you which offers the service that you need.

Price should not be that important but it does need to be reasonable.

Why not contact a few and see which is best for you.

My firm may be what you are looking for

Mod Note: <stares at J@SC and points to T&C's>

Comment

£50 is bargain basement. Market rate for a contractor accountant is in the £80-100 month range; I use and recommend InTouch, many here recommend NixonWilliams (amongst others).
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If your only paying them £50 they probably go down the local library once a month to reply to emails when they go to town to sign on.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              £50 is bargain basement. Market rate for a contractor accountant is in the £80-100 month range; I use and recommend InTouch, many here recommend NixonWilliams (amongst others).
              I used to use InTouch until they raised their fees, now I use CapitalCityAccountants.
              They're not quite £50pcm, but they do everything I need via email etc and seem to be as on-the-ball as any other accountant I've used in the past
              And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Google it and use the 'I'm feeling lucky' feature. Job done.

Comment

I do my own VAT, receipts, book-keeping etc and get an accountant to do my returns once at the end of the year. Costs me about £400p/a including my self assessment.

Don't like it. Do it yourself.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What exactly makes you think he is piss poor? Looking at some of your posts i.e. sending money to Wife in France as expenses etc. the poor bugger has had his work cut out keeping you on the right side of running a company.

You don't think it is you that is the problem?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X