Unfair Termination of contract? Unfair Termination of contract? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
    Do I have any grounds against the company?
    Probably not KC

  2. #12

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Unfair? Quite possibly but sadly almost certainly sound legally.

    Smile sweetly for a week, enjoy Christmas and find something in the new year.

  3. #13

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topboy View Post
    Do I have any grounds against the company?
    Nope. Smile and wave, move on to the next job. Keep in touch with your old company, you never know when they may have some more work come up for you.

  4. #14

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Unfair? Quite possibly but sadly almost certainly sound legally.

    Smile sweetly for a week, enjoy Christmas and find something in the new year.
    How is it unfair???

  5. #15

    Fingers like lightning

    billybiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tractor View Post
    ... Rarely is it because they lack the cojones to speak honestly. ...
    I disagree with this. In my experience, it is very often that people lack the "cojones" to speak honestly.

  6. #16

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamJarST View Post
    How is it unfair???
    In as much as life is unfair.

    Not exactly a legal argument, however.

  7. #17

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    In as much as life is unfair.

    Not exactly a legal argument, however.
    Ah right got you, in other words it is only unfair if the person feels like it is

  8. #18

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40

    Default This is a wind up

    1. OP's first ever post
    2. Posted once on this thread and never came back - if it was genuine he'd be answering the questions at least.
    3. I'm the mildest-mannered person on here and my first reaction would have been a sarcastic "are you serious"?

  9. #19

    Super poster

    tractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Berks
    Posts
    3,518

    Default ...

    Quote Originally Posted by billybiro View Post
    I disagree with this. In my experience, it is very often that people lack the "cojones" to speak honestly.
    Upon reflection, you are correct. My misplaced faith in humanity overtook me for a moment. Must be the time of the year.

    I won't let it happen again

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •