• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Company Party Thing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    In the not too distant future, assuming all goes to plan, I will be signing a 6 month extension.
    for that....

When I get extended I take the folks in the team I work with out for beers and food and it generally costs me (my company) in the region of £300. I have always claimed this back through the company.
    Your permie guys?? When you say you claim it, what way? Business entertaining or against the tax?

Not sure of the tax implications.
    Depends on how you claim it but IMO this shouldn't go through the books. Business entertaining if anything so no tax benefit but comes out of LTD not your pocket.

I personally see this as advertising as the people I work with are a lot younger and will be the ones making the hiring decisions in the future.
    Don't quite understand this but nice gesture to take people out anyway...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X