• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business bank account - do you pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business bank account - do you pay?

Wondering whether most ppl here pay for their business bank accounts? I am on a 18m free banking deal, that'll be up in june. I just looked around to switch but looks like most banks offer just 6 months for switchers? Switching every 6 months is such a pain! No option but to pay ???

I use Alliance & Leicester (now Santander) and I don't pay anything (haven't for 5 years)

not sure if its still available though tbh

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
      Wondering whether most ppl here pay for their business bank accounts? I am on a 18m free banking deal, that'll be up in june. I just looked around to switch but looks like most banks offer just 6 months for switchers? Switching every 6 months is such a pain! No option but to pay ???

Free business bank account l IT contractor bank account l Cater Allen free banking :: Contractor UK

Worth having a look at this via ContractorUK

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Agreed.

You wouldn't catch me paying for a business bank account.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

My ltd co is with Santander which is free, not sure if they offer free banking to new customers anymore (check their website).

I know HSBC do, providing you do everything online, get paid via BACS, using standing orders, and don't do cheques, etc etc.

Check out "Business Direct" on their website.
          Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I would echo the comments on Cater Allen, free banking but I think it is only free if the account is set up via your accountant, certainly mine set mine up for me.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

A&L now santander used to offer 12 months free and then they charged if there wasn't a deposit of 1K every month.

Comment

Laziness is stopping me switching from Lloyds who charge me £5 per month. Personal account with Lloyds too, which makes it nice and easy.

Rather annoying when I have 10s of thousands of pounds in the account most of the time, and never overdrawn.

I think Santander do free business banking. Update: Changed now fees involved.
                Last edited by Scrag Meister; 29 February 2012, 09:48.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Barclays charge £5.50 a month but the hassle involved and my apathy towards this prevents me from moving to another bank.

They have business savings accounts, in which I keep most of my money and earn 0.5% interest, which easily offsets the monthly fee and then some.

Comment

I have accounts with both Santander (was A&L) and HSBC. All are free and always have been, with the exception of the $US account I have with HSBC, which as a 'special' account charges $5/mo.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X