• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help Needed - Invoice Non Payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution

I saw a solicitor who said I had a very good case, but they advised me to take the offer of 75% just to save the hassle. Could quite easily go the legal route, but could have drawn it out for ages. So just cutting my losses and learning a big lesson. Hope this may help any other people out too.

Solicitor did say only take the offer only on the following conditions:
    - By taking the offer, I accept no responsibility
    - The agency must supply and indemnity against any further action by any party on the issue.
    - Agency must pay within 7 days.

If offer had remained at 50% then I would have definitely taken legal action

Comment

Do be careful what the Agency write as their conditions, and if they muck about _any_ further, accept no further "offers" - go legal.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X