• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen are idiots!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh, mistakes happen fair enough.

Statement entries should not retroactively disappear EVER.

To be fair, the people on the phone for CA are pretty good. Better than average Santander standard.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Cater Allen have been excellent with me, although that account is dormant for 1 year sounds a bit hhmmm??

Comment

I have had one payment go missing for 10 days or so. In retrospect, I think it was a OFAC check as I was working in Moscow at the time.

The story they gave at the time was it had gone to a suspense account "by mistake".
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I Agree , Cater Allen are Idiots

The worst customer service , by their own admission , they have lost money during transactions, sent a 20,000 GBP cheque to a totally wrong address , My account now closed!!
          No compensation offered for losing money, or money lost in currency exchange. just an written apology eight weeks later when they found it, No manager will speak to you on the phone if there is a problem , just the boy or girl who can only pass on information.

Free Advice : Use a grown up bank for grown up people.

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Just checked my statement online and credit from last month has disappeared! And they don't know where its gone!

Luckily, I had a printout so I knew it should be there. Bit concerned when I logged in this morning to see I'd gone 10000E overdrawn last month!

Phoned them and they are completely useless to say the least...

Comment

Originally posted by bats109 View Post
            The worst customer service , by their own admission , they have lost money during transactions, sent a 20,000 GBP cheque to a totally wrong address , My account now closed!!
            No compensation offered for losing money, or money lost in currency exchange. just an written apology eight weeks later when they found it, No manager will speak to you on the phone if there is a problem , just the boy or girl who can only pass on information.

Cater Allen is Santander. They have call center operatives based in Bootle. They are the same people who take Santander calls.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              If that is the case why do public forums exist? I thought they exisiting to share both good and bad experiences?
              It's called a discussion forum not an air your dirty laundry forum.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by bats109 View Post

And the award for most random first post goes to ......

Comment

Originally posted by Higgs Boson View Post
                  And the award for most random first post goes to ......
                  Does random also cover fabricated?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It does now.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Does random also cover fabricated?
                      While I've found Cater Allen to have excellent customer service in general, they have "misplaced" several (several in a row, in fact) incoming foreign wires into my account, despite the wire transfer containing all of the required information (which they freely admitted). Again, the customer service is excellent, but I wouldn't be too hasty in dismissing this post, as they do seem to have structural issues with handling incoming foreign wires in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X