• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Services Company Compliance Questionnaire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    At your service good sir.
    I was originally going to call you something else but I wasn't sure the OP would know what curmudgeonly meant

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
      I was originally going to call you something else but I wasn't sure the OP would know what curmudgeonly meant
      What?!?! You mean you have denied me the opportunity to do a and google it for him in my unique and flamboyant style?

You, sir, are a rascallion!
      Last edited by northernladuk; 29 March 2012, 15:07.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What?!?! You mean you have denied me the opportunity to do a and google it for him in my unique and flamboyant style?

You, sir, are a rascallion!
        I think sir will find that the correct spelling is rapscallion 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
          I think sir will find that the correct spelling is rapscallion 8-)

rap·scal·lion   
          noun
          a rascal; rogue; scamp.

Origin:
          1690–1700; earlier rascallion, based on rascal

Can't kid a kidder baby....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

rap·scal·lion   
            noun
            a rascal; rogue; scamp.

Origin:
            1690–1700; earlier rascallion, based on rascal

Can't kid a kidder baby....
            I keep forgetting how old you are

Comment

Originally posted by openshac View Post
              Well I haven't provided them yet, it's the first time my company has worked with them. I wouldn't mind getting paid
              OK, so at the point the contract is agreed you will of course supply them with the bank account name, number and sort code where you want your invoiced monies sent. Which tell s them exactly where the bank is and who owns it.

These are middlemen, no more, no less. I get increasingly infuriated - as should we all - at the amount of bollox they demand we provide, none of which is of any value, simply in the interests of de-risking their own byusiness at the expense of yours. Having to check what you are allowed to tell your agent as a condition of doing business is getting beyond a joke. They need your bank account, your proof of incorporation and your VAT registration number to do business, nothing else.

Suppose you send them the same set of questions. Think you'll get a polite and detailed answer?
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I notice now that the they are combining/mixing up the terms PSC and OLC, is this of any relevance?
                Ask them what their definitions are of these entities in writing as there are no legal definitions. Point out you cannot answer their questions until they tell you exactly what they mean.

HMRC have a rather long and woolly definition of a PSC but it's not a legal definition because they want to be able to frame as many people as possible. (There is a thread on this if you want to search.)

BTW once you have them please post them here.

Also does answering "Yes" to question 4 affect my perceived right of substitution?
                Absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Companies are fluid -you can hire another worker, get another contract, hire a subcontractor, increase your PI insurance amount, etc.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You could ask them to point you to a legal definition of a personal services company, and ask where it is defined in statute ?

AFAIK it's a made up word thought up by HMRC
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                  X