Shall I Appoint my Accountant as Company Secretary? Shall I Appoint my Accountant as Company Secretary? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 15 of 15

Nervous Newbie

Default Shall I Appoint my Accountant as Company Secretary?

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Google 'Uptons' and then see what you think...
    Sorry, I dont understand what do you mean...

The reaso he suggest to be the company secretary is because, being out of the country, there will be less basic paperwork to be sent over for me to sign.

Told that I have been with him for only a short time, A friend that has been using him for 10 year has raccomnded this accountant to me.

Some things in Moderation

Darren Upton was an accountant convicted of fraud. He took large amounts from HMRC by claiming back the tax people had paid out.

It is potential unsafe to give your accountant too many powers in your company. I suggest that you maintain control over the most important aspects of your company.

Uptons were recommended by many people on this forum until his fraud came to light.

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by cimos77 View Post
    Sorry, I dont understand what do you mean...

The reaso he suggest to be the company secretary is because, being out of the country, there will be less basic paperwork to be sent over for me to sign.

Told that I have been with him for only a short time, A friend that has been using him for 10 year has raccomnded this accountant to me.
    Just find a relation that you trust over 18 to do it for you if you can't be bothered to do it yourself.

Lots of people use their parents for things like this especially if they are the type to ask questions to protect their child's interests.

While Darren is well-known fraudster on this board, if you talk to people in other business sectors it's not uncommon to hear stories of other accountants fleecing their customers for much smaller sums of money or completely mucking things up for them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Some things in Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by escapeUK View Post
    I admit Ive had a few drinks, but are you saying you are a woman? That you are Mrs Cojak?

Faqqed Off

Since you don't need a company secretary these days, why bother with one at all?

If you do choose one, then make sure it's someone you trust implicitly - there's lots of responsibility in the post.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership