Shall I Appoint my Accountant as Company Secretary? Shall I Appoint my Accountant as Company Secretary?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15

Nervous Newbie

Default Shall I Appoint my Accountant as Company Secretary?

Dear Forum,
    I have a limited company I use for contracting. I am moving for a while oversea and my accountant is suggesting to appoint him as company secretary, he say this will make the things easier if he need to solve some problem.

What do you think?

Thanks

Some things in Moderation

Google 'Uptons' and then see what you think...

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Google 'Uptons' and then see what you think...
    LOL.

OP, you like Leeds United??!
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Super poster

I'm not sure what problems it would help solve, and if I were you I'd prefer him to refer any problems to me rather than deal with them without me knowing!

With online filing being available all he needs to do is ask you, then file any paperwork on your behalf. He doesn't need to be a secretary to do that.

Any HMRC issues are dealt with via agent authorisation.

My post count is Majestic

A better option would be to make me your company secretary... seriously! LOL
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Double Godlike!

My accountant is still my Cosec from when you had to have one. There's no reason to do it nowadays.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Fingers like lightning

Just to add, if your accountant is your Co sec, you might want to have a look at MSC legislation too. Bit risky there!

You probably know this already but you do know that a company doesn't need a co sec anymore. You could be sole director of the company.

Some things in Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
    Just to add, if your accountant is your Co sec, you might want to have a look at MSC legislation too. Bit risky there!

You probably know this already but you do know that a company doesn't need a co sec anymore. You could be sole director of the company.
    My accountant got a bit grumpy when I suggested this to him (sole directorship) as Mr C isn't that keen on being my Co Sec. Accountant said that I'd lose my special dispensation, but I didn't that as a huge issue. I didn't push the subject as it wasn't a big deal to me.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    My accountant got a bit grumpy when I suggested this to him (sole directorship) as Mr C isn't that keen on being my Co Sec. Accountant said that I'd lose my special dispensation, but I didn't that as a huge issue. I didn't push the subject as it wasn't a big deal to me.
    I admit Ive had a few drinks, but are you saying you are a woman? That you are Mrs Cojak?

Fingers like lightning

I'd just like confirmation that Mr C isn't reference to me either