• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase up

Sent the e-mail to my MP yesterday. I chased it up by phone today. I think it was worthwhile calling in order to stress the urgency of the matter, with the committee meeting being less than one week away. There was a good response from my MP.

Comment

Lurker affected here

Wrote with standard letter + briefing document and also latest letter re finance bill committee to Dominic Raab (Con, Esher) yesterday...

At leats it feels like taking some kind of action, thanks to all those who have done the donkey work on this

M

Comment

Whatever anyone might say about lobbying companies, and I will admit I was highly sceptical in the beginning, the fact is we wouldn't be where we are without Whitehouse.

They have got us in front of the right people. They got MPs from all 3 main parties to sign a cross party letter to Gauke and now they have got an amendment tabled. Not bad going in just a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Whatever anyone might say about lobbying companies, and I will admit I was highly sceptical in the beginning, the fact is we wouldn't be where we are without Whitehouse.

They have got us in front of the right people. They got MPs from all 3 main parties to sign a cross party letter to Gauke and now they have got an amendment tabled. Not bad going in just a few weeks.
          +1

And what a pity we had to go through a JR to get to challenge what HMRC told parliament.

Comment

I had a large degree of scepticism too. However it does seem to me the results have been an outstanding success so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
              I had a large degree of scepticism too. However it does seem to me the results have been an outstanding success so far.
              I get the impression that, for all the scorn poured on lobbying companies, MPs actually like dealing with them rather than a bunch of ill-informed numpties who don't understand how the system works.

Having a lobbying company involved has been received positively, which is the total opposite of what I expected.

Comment

I get the impression that, for all the scorn poured on lobbying companies, MPs actually like dealing with them rather than a bunch of ill-informed numpties who don't understand how the system works.

Having a lobbying company involved has been received positively, which is the total opposite of what I expected.
                Well said DR.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Morals of tax avoidance

Daily Mash spot on as always Celebrities rich

Comment

I've written to my MP now as well!

Thanks DR and TSBT for all your support and guidance!
                    Your campaign needs you! Take action and join NoToRetroTax now!

Comment

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
                      Daily Mash spot on as always Celebrities rich
                      Love it! I'm going to tweet that article.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X