• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    We need to be careful because "you know who" are monitoring the forum and we want to keep them guessing.

Two things I will say.

1) most people who have joined have not posted on the forum
    2) I'm very
    1) DR if your then I'm
    2) "you know who" up yours !!
    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
      Which may be because Labour and Lib Dems see an opportunity to rock the Tory boat. More significantly the Tories now see the potential 'windfall' tax take evaporating before their eyes leaving them with the challenge of replacing the notional loss. Thieving B'Stards.
      Its simpler than that... just in opposition now, as such complete u-turn...bunch of duplicitous fockers the lot of them.
      - SL -

Comment

NOTORETROTAX Member login

Hi

Anyone tell me how long until the login details are sent? I registered at 1'ish but not received anything. I have checked junk mail but nothing there either.

Thanks

Comment

Follow up letter sent to MP

following the MP sending response from HMT. My follow up contests every point raised, includes a reference to the new website and the latest news / press release. I refuted all HMT points using info from the documents on site.
          Many thanks guys

Comment

Let keep up the momentum

Great Work DR And All,
            Joined the fight and first payment made.
            Good luck everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
              Hi

Anyone tell me how long until the login details are sent? I registered at 1'ish but not received anything. I have checked junk mail but nothing there either.

Thanks
              mine was only a few minutes, and it went into SPAM in gmail.

Comment

Joined, cajoled and received letters

Top job !
                Joined and sent - can you show the current raised amount (in the members area) to see how near the 'target' the total is?

I've cajoled a few others similarly affected to join too.

And received another 2 letters from MP.
                1st seems a std DG response to my MPs letter to George Osborne. It states the legal process is at an end.

It also mentions that the courts found
                the retrospective element of s58 is proportionate and compatible with ECHR
                and that
                throughout HMRC made it clear that it considered the scheme did not work
                The other letter was from Judith Knott HMRC to my MP, with the exact same above quotes.

Just one more more thing DR, can you make the browser favicon for the site the justice/scales one in the docs not the union jack... gives a better representation
                Last edited by harmony; 23 April 2012, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_lining View Post
                  Its simpler than that... just in opposition now, as such complete u-turn...bunch of duplicitous fockers the lot of them.
                  Yes but this year net tax receipts for UK plc will be c £600bn. The amount "not gained" because of our legitimate tax scheme is £200m. ie 1/3000th of their tax income. If you earned 100k a year, would you really be that bothered about getting an extra 33 quid?

ie I dont think its so much about the money here - its about the principle of change. One person - be he gauke, or any of our MPs wont be willing to seriously consider this matter until such time as enough of them actually do - momentum and traction is needed; as well as excellent co-ordination - thats where Whitehouse Consulting come in to the equation.

As we have seen, MPs who have seen the evidence are rather concerned by it - because it indicates that they are not in fact "in charge" of UK financial matters; HMRC are in charge. What HMRC seem to have done makes a complete mockery of parliament - and that point alone - forgetting about the moral rights and wrongs of legitimate tax avoidance - must be enough to make MPs to stand up and take notice of what's happening here on a day to day basis.
                  Last edited by Dieselpower; 23 April 2012, 15:31.
                  Join the campaign at
                  http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Very Valid point DP

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
                    Yes but this year net tax receipts for UK plc will be c £600bn. The amount "not gained" because of our legitimate tax scheme is £200m. ie 1/3000th of their tax income. If you earned 100k a year, would you really be that bothered about getting an extra 33 quid?

ie I dont think its so much about the money here - its about the principle of change. One person - be he gauke, or any of our MPs wont be willing to seriously consider this matter until such time as enough of them actually do - momentum and traction is needed; as well as excellent co-ordination - thats where Whitehouse Consulting come in to the equation.

As we have seen, MPs who have seen the evidence are rather concerned by it - because it indicates that they are not in fact "in charge" of UK financial matters; HMRC are in charge. What HMRC seem to have done makes a complete mockery of parliament - and that point alone - forgetting about the moral rights and wrongs of legitimate tax avoidance - must be enough to make MPs to stand up and take notice of what's happening here on a day to day basis.
                    As the recent "Yes Prime Minister" references to the way things are in Downing Street, where apparently there are more Civil Servants than politicians (reference Mail On Sunday 22nd April)

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
                      Hi

Thanks
                      Check your email now ContractIn, I just reset your password.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X