• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Question from a fellow scheme member :-

What happens if the group do not raise enough cash?
    A week ago that question would have been relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Let just pretend for a moment that I am really stupid (difficult I know ). Please could you elucidate?

Cheers

Comment

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Let just pretend for a moment that I am really stupid (difficult I know ). Please could you elucidate?

Cheers
          We have raised a "few bob" in the past week.
          Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 26 April 2012, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
            The only thing I can think of is that HMRC are stalling until
            the GAAR comes in. A slightly retrospective element of this is outlined on page 74 of this were arrangements are still in play over the commencement date. I can see them trying to claim that if tribunals are underway when this comes in then they'll just claim the GAAR applies.

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/gaar...ort_111111.pdf
            Should our Mp's be made aware of GAAR

Comment

thats great news, I was worried that the only contributors would be the vocal people on the forum, obviously theres loads of silent support out there. I havent joined yet as I dont get paid til May but will contribute as soon as I can.. also getting p**ed off with all the standard replies people are getting, expecting mine from my useless libdem MP soon.

Comment

However I have no doubt that the more money raised the better? Are there plenty of good uses?

Comment

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
                  thats great news, I was worried that the only contributors would be the vocal people on the forum, obviously theres loads of silent support out there. I havent joined yet as I dont get paid til May but will contribute as soon as I can.. also getting p**ed off with all the standard replies people are getting, expecting mine from my useless libdem MP soon.
                  Indeed. I am going round all those people I know on the scheme who don't read the forum. I know 3. Of 2 replies so far 1 has contributed and 1 is about to.

I am in the same boat as you re contributing - but as soon as I can I will.

The standard replies was to be expected as a first stage. But it opens the door for the next stage.

Comment

finders free rebate

similarly I have pinged a mail round all the MTM folks that I roped into the scheme ... in years gone by

at least they havent asked me to pay their no2retro monies as a rebate for the finders free I got from MTM !!

Last edited by CanPayButWouldRatherNot; 26 April 2012, 10:23. Reason: spaz spellin

Comment

Just joined and added a little more to the fund. The site is fantastic. Thanks so much to everyone involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X