• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep calm and carry on

Originally posted by screwthis View Post

He stuttered through his rebuttle to Baker.
    I remember someone commenting that he sounded like he was on the ropes.

Maybe he's not comfortable doing the bidding of Her Majesty's Robbers and Criminals.
    lets hope so, also lets not forget the quote from DR's goverment minister:

In my experience the case for such a change needs to be made repeatedly, but the Treasury and its ministers are not immovable in the face of a strong well-grounded argument well made.

Comment

After a meeting with my MP he wrote to HMRC This was their reply. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by doublebubble View Post

Send a copy of the letter to info at notoretrotax org uk where it will be picked up by Whitehouse.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Send a copy of the letter to info at notoretrotax org uk where it will be picked up by Whitehouse.
          Same old BS! I just don't know how they can continue to spew such rubbish in light of all the evidence!

Comment

Originally posted by doublebubble View Post

My argument is quite simple. Hmrc are being judge, jury and executioner. They have decided we would lose in court, we want our right to challenge this, that's all we're asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              My argument is quite simple. Hmrc are being judge, jury and executioner. They have decided we would lose in court, we want our right to challenge this, that's all we're asking for.

absolutely, we used a tax arrangement which was legal between 2001 and 2008. I hope when the ombudsman looks at the information provided by HMRC to MPs that the truth will come out.

Lets not forget what JK said in 2009:

Thank you for your message and I do apologise for the very late reply. I have recieved an unusually large
              number of letters etc. I remember the debate and was content that, having questioned officials closely on
              the impact of this proposal, very few would be affected, certainly not in the way that your attachment is
              suggesting
              . I would strongly advise those who are affected to write, giving their name and address, to
              their MPs or, if they are Isle of Man residents, write directly to Stephen Timms MP, at the Treasury. They
              will only get a reply from the Minister if they write via an MP.
              Each case should be looked at again by HMRC to check that the outcome is in line with the policy
              intention.
              Yours sincerely,
              Jane Kennedy MP

Comment

Hello?

Did everyone leave the country last weekend?

Comment

Lazing on a sunny afternoon...

Originally posted by honeyridges View Post
                  In the words of Ray Davies "...the taxman's taken all my dough..."
                  Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Hello from Outer Mongolia

Comment

it seems not everyone has left yet:

http://www.contractoruk.com/bn66/cuk..._campaign=BN66

Comment

Working...
                      X