• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitehouse

Could someone remind me of Whitehouses' email address, I've just sifted through about 25 pages and couldn't find it.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
      Judea and the Judean peoples front? Splitters.

I also agree with some of what Helen7 said, it is true that we have had are arses kicked at every turn, and it's not really surprising because they own and control the processes that we are trying to defeat them through, i.e. the political, tax and legal systems. I think NTRT have done an excellent job personally, and will always be grateful for what they have done, regardless of how it turns out. It will not be until enough people are pushed over the edge that this can be overturned and personally, I don't think that's going to come in time to save us. On the MP front, I suppose it doesn't really matter why they go to court, as long as they do. I'll happily pay the loan payment if they win. If they really are doing it to get the loans, then I'd actually take that as a positive, because of the expense they must believe they have a case, otherwise if they are as cynical as Helen7 says, they'd have walked. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is very much my view.
      One thing I did not say earlier - I think NTRT have done a totally amazing job and I hope they keep doing it. I was in the steering group for a while and no-one can imagine how much work is involved - its really astonishing. Unfortunately they are playing against dirty opponents. At some point tactics are going to need to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
        So thinking ahead, for those that can pay, anyone know if mp intend to still fight on to see if we can get the accelerated payment back?
        Can't go into details but WG tells me they are fighting on and have been attempting to expedite. WG is pretty pi**ed about this I can assure you!

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
        I've have personally never doubted MP. I think they will go the whole way, not for the loan payments but because there is no love lost between Brannigan and WG and the conviction goes both ways.
        Agreed, anyone who thinks this is simply about the loan payments is deluded, the legal battle will probably wipe out any return. This is about MontP's core business and their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
          But what is this loan repayment? I'm not aware of any loan repayments due to MP. Still very much . Can someone enlighten me.
          People who joined the scheme in the beginning paid a 60/40 fee. 60% up front; 40% only payable if the scheme succeeded. The 40% is in effect treated as a loan. If Montp win in the end, then they would collect the outstanding fees.

However, as someone has already pointed out, this is not the main reason they are continuing to defend the scheme.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation DR. The loan arrangement previously mentioned was then no longer applicable by the time I joined the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
              Could someone remind me of Whitehouses' email address, I've just sifted through about 25 pages and couldn't find it.

thanks
              Carl Thomson at whitehouseconsulting co uk

(deliberately obscured to deter spambots)
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Post 5500!

Not quite sure what I win for that - is it extra rep or a 1 hour ban?
                I think you get to do another one of those endurance marathons.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Carl Thomson at whitehouseconsulting co uk

(deliberately obscured to deter spambots)
                  Carl and all the team at Whitehouse are extremely busy so please don't bother them unless it's important.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    As most of you know I despise Helen7 and hate agreeing with her. But she was right about the noise on the forum and she is right about MP. The staff at MP are great - the management suck. I particularly despise that they have not funded NTRT.

Please don't make me agree with helen7 again.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post

And I was so nasty to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X