• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Dates / Contact Details

I want to check the dates that my tax returns were filed. Could someone please PM me the name and email of the appropriate person in Montpelier who could help with this. I've got a whole bunch of contact names going back several years, but I'm not sure who's still working there these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
      I want to check the dates that my tax returns were filed. Could someone please PM me the name and email of the appropriate person in Montpelier who could help with this. I've got a whole bunch of contact names going back several years, but I'm not sure who's still working there these days...
      PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        PM sent
        Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Much too mild for me.

much more likely to be down in the cellars with some barrels and a chemistry set :-)

..note this is a joke reference to Mr G Fawkes ... BP is a nutter.... but a nice one ....

Comment

id put money on it being the last permitted day or the one before

Comment

If you have since moved to the hmrc on line portal you can see the dates hrmc say they received them on there.

Comment

Real APN was waiting for me this evening

Comment

I too have received a letter telling me that an APN is on the way. Im with Montpelier and have paid a rather substantial CTD too!!

Comment

Hmm... I arrived home tonight to what I thought was my APN for 2008 following the warning letter last week
                    It wasn't....it was another APN, for the year to 2007 :/
                    Now the thing about this is, this is the one I disputed with them and they folded.
                    They wrote me with a notice of further assessment, having never given me notice that they were investigating me.
                    Following some excellent advice from forum members here, I wrote them asking them to withdraw the assessment on the basis that I had fully disclosed the scheme and they were essentially try to raise a discovery assessment when it was too late.

They wrote me back last feb confirming that "the Revenue Assessment for 2006/07 has been reduced to nil and my appeal has been determined under s54 TMA 1970" - so that should have been the end of the matter, right?
                    I don't know if they have just cocked up or if they think they can legitimately reopen what was never a correctly opened investigation anyway?

I'm in two minds if I should respond to them about this or wait until I get the APN and have MP deal with it.
                    I do have a slight issue with MP dealing with it in that, I contacted them in the first instance when I received the original letter and they just treated it like a normal discovery + assessment thing, asking HMRC to postpone the debt until the various appeals etc had been heard - this despite me pointing out that I had never been informed of any enquiry in the first place.
                    I appreciate they will have many cases to deal with, but if they don't have the time or capacity to deal with individual cases differently then perhaps for this particular year, I would be better off again dealing with HMRC directly...

Comment

Originally posted by freeranger View Post
                      I don't know if they have just cocked up
                      Sounds like it.

I would wait until you receive the actual APN(s). If they do send you one for 2006/7 then you can tell them to withdraw it because Dept X closed this year and reduced the assessment to nil.

Comment

Working...
                      X