• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experience with Crunch Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just use a small accountant, they are brilliant only charge me £65 per month get to speak to a proper accountant, was going to go down the other route online etc, but much prefer to know the person I am dealing with is an actual accountant.
    what does everyone else pay out of interest ?

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
      In general my experience is the opposite. Bank transactions get automatically pulled in, do reconciliation (generating any accounting records needed in the process) then click a button somewhere to say submit VAT return/corp tax/whatever.

Even if you only login once a month, your accounts would never be more than a month out-of-date.

I'm not sure why you have to do anything at all at year-end, I can't recall having to do anything other than confirm the accounts are up-to-date and returns can be submitted.

I have run into issues when I try to take more than the recommended amount of salary, their automation is not set up for that, however that sounds unrelated to your complaint.
      I agree. I think Crunch are very good. Any problems I've had have been down to either my misunderstanding or my lack of effort in updating stuff regularly. Even then, they've put me back on track when I've asked.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielkolbe View Post
        Seems like the first guy in this treat advertised crunch accounting - as they seems to be spending endless energy in advertising. Pity once you are with them and dish out the money, you encounter a very overly complicated system (simple on the surface). End of the year I try and get my books in order before D-date. I ask them (example) what needs to be done - they reply almost same day with .A Do this - B. Do that. I do it. 3 weeks past, I email them - ask if books are send into the tax man, they come back with 'No, you still have to do C. and D'. I do it - to busy to keep checking that they know what they are talking about, a few weeks pass, email them again - are the books submitted. 'No, you have to Do E and F.' Oooh, ok, how do I do 'F' - 'you have to do F.1 then F.2'. Ok, how do I do F.1 and F.2? Crunch comes back with ooh, we see you did not do 'E' correctly sorry, you have start over at D, then delete 6 months of bla bla bla. ..........In the end I spend more time sorting out my books on crunch than actually working. I would rather pay a normal accountant double and get peace and get some work done without my blood boiling...
        Hi Gabriel,

I can see we've had a few problems with your accounts but nothing particularly out of the ordinary. A back-and-forth with your Account Manager is all part of the process - we have to make sure everything is accurate and that requires input from you.

If you're after an accountant that'll knock up some year end accounts no questions asked I'm sure you'll have no problem finding one

Comment

Crunch service is great

I've been using Crunch for 2 years and think its a great service. I can log in anytime and see exactly how my company is performing, and it makes the whole process of running a company easy to understand. Automatic upload of scanned expense receipts is great too. Account managers and accountants have always replied to emails and explained things clearly. I'd definitely recommend it.

Comment

Working...
          X