• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky reviews.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 - 2012 - 17 years...

Comment

The "Assure" package looks a winner. £195 per month but you get your annual return filed free. Normally £14. Bargain.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments!

Originally posted by Nathan SJD Accountancy View Post
        you are possibly looking for reasons to still go ahead.
        Yes, I guess I was hoping that my initial contact with them was not indicative of their accounting service levels. I had decided to go with ClearSky but taking into account all these comments, it looks like I might have to go back to the drawing board.

Originally posted by ClearSky Rachael View Post
        With regards to your question on our Essential service. All our clients including our Essential clients benefit initially from a long welcome call with their own personal accountant. As part of this call the accountant will review their circumstances and discuss tax efficiency as this is what our clients want to talk about and expect of their accountant. This could be discussions about company structure or allowable expenses specifically tailored to a client’s situation.

With the Essential service, you’ve also got access to your own personal accountant you can call at anytime and a yearly tax review to make sure you are on the right course.
        Thanks Rachael, that's useful information.

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
        The "Assure" package looks a winner. £195 per month but you get your annual return filed free. Normally £14. Bargain.
        Indeed it is! Hence, Essential or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppykorn View Post
          Thanks for all your comments!

Yes, I guess I was hoping that my initial contact with them was not indicative of their accounting service levels. I had decided to go with ClearSky but taking into account all these comments, it looks like I might have to go back to the drawing board....
          Hi There

Comment

terrible service

I have also received a terrible service and incuring significant costs as a result.

Currently trying to negotiate down an extortionate amount of money I'm being charged, will start a new post detailing my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by PheonixNW View Post
              I have also received a terrible service and incuring significant costs as a result.

Currently trying to negotiate down an extortionate amount of money I'm being charged, will start a new post detailing my experiences.
              Did they initially charge you a low fee? And then slowly increase? Or has it always been high?

How did you hear about them? From the individual agent you are dealing with or is Clearsky the only accountants your agency recommends?

If you have received terrible service, why not leave? What has been terrible about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                That fee does include business insurance, so isn't as exorbitant as might first appear.

I've been with Clearsky since when they were Quay Accounting, and while I do feel there's been quite a big hike in fees combined with a gradual drop-off in level of service, I've stuck with them because of the sheer number of horror stories I've heard from other contractors who have switched from one accountant to another only to find their new guy keeps dropping the ball.

The Clearsky portal for submitting revenue/expenses can in some areas be quite exasperating, and the "conversation" portal, where you can communicate with Clearsky staff, is often a bit like howling at the moon, but they just about get the job done (one cock-up in 17 years that cost me £100).

Comment

I am currently with Clearsky (joined June last year) and the first 5 months I found their service to be great, always answering my questions, quick monthly statements etc. however the last 3 months it's been appalling, I've sent emails and get responses 3 days later which is just not good enough. You are assigned a "personal accountant" but there is nothing personal about it, I've really had to kick up a fuss just to get a response to my queries and most of the time the responses aren't from your "personal accountant".

I will be leaving when the time is right as I know I'll get better service for better money. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Clear shy

I have to agree with the previous post. I’ve been with Clearsky for nearly five years, but in the last six months or so I have seen a real deterioration in their service. Always late with the management accounts, slow to respond to email etc. etc. It feels like they are understaffed and overworked. I have been trying to contact my “personal accountant” for the last two week s and I am still waiting for a reply. I hope it improves soon or I will be looking for a new accountant

Comment

Originally posted by ambrose View Post
                      I have to agree with the previous post. I’ve been with Clearsky for nearly five years, but in the last six months or so I have seen a real deterioration in their service. Always late with the management accounts, slow to respond to email etc. etc. It feels like they are understaffed and overworked. I have been trying to contact my “personal accountant” for the last two week s and I am still waiting for a reply. I hope it improves soon or I will be looking for a new accountant
                      Perhaps they've taken their eye off the ball since they became part of the SJD and Nixon Williams giant?
                      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                      X