• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming equipment/sundries purchased for pied-à-terre in London

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm renting a flat at the moment in london. The cost of the rent and the bills for the energy it consumes, the council tax and the phone/broadband, that sort of stuff is paid for out of the company funds. The rest is down to me as I'm not a MP. If I want things in it that make my life nicer then I have to pay for that myself. The way I look at it, I could stay in a hotel 4 nights of the week, but this is a cheaper option from the company point of view. I live a little further away than surrey though. The north west is not something I'd like to consider as a daily commute.

I'm only here during the week. If you let them know you are there at weekends then I belive it fails on the wholly and exclusively part! So I go home at the weekends!!
    Last edited by BoredBloke; 6 June 2012, 12:24.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
    X