• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To use an accountant or do it myself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danielsjdaccountancy View Post
    Pick an accountant close to you, that way it is easier for you to meet up face to face and drop forms in.
    Unless said accountant is superb at telephone and email correspondence, then it doesn't matter
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      Unless said accountant is superb at telephone and email correspondence, then it doesn't matter
      I would always prefer local as I always like to go through the draft accounts face to face as opposed to phone/email and also for peace of mind. Different clients = different preferences of course.

Comment

Pick an accountant close to you, that way it is easier for you to meet up face to face and drop forms in.
        This is odd feedback, I use your Manchester office and in 4 years I have never even felt the need to go in. On the other hand I used a guy round the corner when I started for the personal touch and he was utterly rubbish.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonftwtaylor View Post
          I'm actually being swayed by InTouch based on their presence on these forums!
          When I first read this, I thought you put "swamped" ;-)
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It has the added value of being able to drop the term 'my accountant' in when chatting to your mates and random birds on a night out. Worth it just for that
            Doesn't quite work when you drop the term "I am an accountant" though"..has the opposite desired effect. Although, saying that, from memory it did work like a charm for one train set collector

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              This is odd feedback, I use your Manchester office and in 4 years I have never even felt the need to go in. On the other hand I used a guy round the corner when I started for the personal touch and he was utterly rubbish.
              I've never been into my local SJD office. Is Daniel hinting that we need to find someone more local.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I've never been into my local SJD office. Is Daniel hinting that we need to find someone more local.
                I'm just giving food for thought. We often get asked by clients to be assigned to our most local offices that way making it easier to meet up if they want to, this isn’t to say every person wants a face to face meeting though!

Wow, tough crowd today, does everyone bank with NatWest ;-)
                http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Originally posted by Sally@InTouch View Post
                  When I first read this, I thought you put "swamped" ;-)
                  I thought he put swindled

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
                    Doesn't quite work when you drop the term "I am an accountant" though"..has the opposite desired effect. Although, saying that, from memory it did work like a charm for one train set collector
                    LOL should have told them you were a bin man. They would have been much more impressed with what you earned then.

Comment

I'm just giving food for thought. We often get asked by clients to be assigned to our most local offices that way making it easier to meet up if they want to, this isn’t to say every person wants a face to face meeting though!
                      I've never met the accountants or lawyers I've used.

Being in London local services tend to be more expensive than those outside London, and the service you get isn't any better from the complaints I've heard.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X