• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    It's likely a zero sum game. The shares will normally drop by 2p the day they go ex-dividend.
    Yes afterwards. I'm expecting a run up before the Ex-Dividend date to counter the 2p drop.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Bought 50,000 Lloyds shares earlier in low 64's this morning. Dividend in the next few weeks of 2p and I'm hoping for a 5-10% increase before that.
      As a long term Lloyds holder (I bought at 31p) you will be very naive to expect anything like that in such a short term from a major blue chip, I thought you knew what you were doing with investing
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
        Now down 25% from when I called it
        Saw this thought of you!

http://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566101124722688

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          As a long term Lloyds holder (I bought at 31p) you will be very naive to expect anything like that in such a short term from a major blue chip, I thought you knew what you were doing with investing
          I think you;ll find that I'm correct. Most blue chip stocks have a small run up a few weeks before the dividend, if the dividend is a good yield, especially when trading at the bottom of their trading average.

I personally think that Lloyds is out of favour and worth closer to 90p, but failing that, I am expecting the usual short-term run up.

Not looking for anything spectacular 1000-2000 over the next few weeks (or 2-4 times your weekly rate if that makes it easier to understand)

Comment

I think you;ll find that I'm correct. Most blue chip stocks have a small run up a few weeks before the dividend, if the dividend is a good yield, especially when trading at the bottom of their trading average.

I personally think that Lloyds is out of favour and worth closer to 90p, but failing that, I am expecting the usual short-term run up.

Not looking for anything spectacular 1000-2000 over the next few weeks (or 2-4 times your weekly rate if that makes it easier to understand)
            but what if the markets in general are on the way down

Comment

I stand corrected, 67.25p at the moment, you still holding your nerve or you bailed out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I stand corrected, 67.25p at the moment, you still holding your nerve or you bailed out yet?
                Still holding. I think it retracted a bit. I'm expecting 68 depends if we've haven't all been nuked by the Russians tomorrow

Comment

My Tescos share flying today as well :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                    but what if the markets in general are on the way down

Yes, this is what I'm wondering.

I have a small lump sum to invest and I'm 5-10 years from retiring so I am fairly risk adverse. I know an evenly balanced portfolio is important but what happens when everything heads south?

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
                      Yes, this is what I'm wondering.

I have a small lump sum to invest and I'm 5-10 years from retiring so I am fairly risk adverse. I know an evenly balanced portfolio is important but what happens when everything heads south?
                      Guess what? You lose money.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X