• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Two years too late. Would have been a great article to have written in 2016.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

So what is everyone doing these days with their savings? Are we still pumping it into the stock markets, or is it about go pop?

Yes there is nothing major going on in the world so no reason why the markets won't keep rising. However did anyone see 2008 coming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV9oXuxkuYQ

If Sven is right then that will put you off

NS&I here we come.

Comment

OK Tesla doubters. Who got burned this week on Tesla's share price jump then?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          OK Tesla doubters. Who got burned this week on Tesla's share price jump then?
          Don't you just love the smell of sizzling short positions in the morning? Doesn't smell like victory though.

Comment

So Musk tweets about considering to buy shares back at $420 each, way above current trading price at time of tweet and share price shoots up. Who are the mugs selling now if he is going to guarantee a higher price?

Must be on dodgy ground if he is either:

1. Talking BS to pump the share price to cover the losses Tesla currently incurring.

2. Announcing a share price buy back that can't be met.

Therefore why would he announce the higher price knowing it will cost whoever is funding the buy back a considerably higher amount? It's like when Gordon Brown announced in advance about selling off the UK's gold reserve and not expecting the price to fall beforehand.

Seems quite a public form of insider trading if Musk gains personally from that tweet.

On face value, BUY BUY BUY, you can't lose.

Edited on 14th August: No formal proposal from Musk to the board to take Tesla private.

His 'finance secured at $420/share' tweet was the result of a meeting where Saudi money bought a 5% stake in the company.

At least Saudi women are now, as of this June, able to drive a Tesla. No public human rights image problem at all for Musk to give a fig about. Money talks, freedom walks.
            Last edited by Hobosapien; 14 August 2018, 16:48.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

China Mobile up 10% other recent purchases, AT&T up 1% and Ford down 6%

China 1 US 0

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Don't you just love the smell of sizzling short positions in the morning? Doesn't smell like victory though.
                Not this morning it doesn't. The world is finally waking up to the fact that the "genius" Musk is nothing more than a snake oil salesman. Bloody good one, I'll grant you though. Oh, as an aside, you know Solar City, the company that he engineered Tesla to buy from his cousins for $2.6bn? Guess how many of those solar roofs have been sold? 12.
                P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Hargreaves Lansdown Shares

Anyone keeping an eye on HL shares? Taken a nose dive over the week to the tune of just over 4% and all the last months gains wiped out.

Anyone got any insights or should I just hodl and wait for it to take off for the moon?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Anyone keeping an eye on HL shares? Taken a nose dive over the week to the tune of just over 4% and all the last months gains wiped out.

Anyone got any insights or should I just hodl and wait for it to take off for the moon?
                    Must be cos the market's found out I moved my SIPP from them to II.

Comment

Smithson?

How many did you apply for? What's going to happen on opening of trade? I reckon it's going to go to an immediate 15 to 20% premium. Hope so, I applied for fifty grands worth. A nice ten grand profit would be very cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X