• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Company Struck Off - Bank Account Balance Sent to Companies House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or does this discussion remind anyone else of the Monty Python parrot sketch.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GICOUR View Post
      I have a client in the recruitment industry and she was working in the UK and had a company with a boyfriend both of them Directors. When she moved back to New Zealand she signed the company dissolution forms and accounts and left it with the other Director ex boyfriend in good faith that he would forward to Companies house, HMRC etc and split the remaining £2k. She did not hear again.She chased him a few times but could not locate him.

Two years on she wants to return to the UK and has been advised by a friend at the previous address that an old letter received stated that the company had been dissolved by companies house due no accounts for returns filed and that the bank had also closed the account and the £2k had been sent to Bona Vacantia division. She strongly suspects that no accounts or registration ever occurred for the company.

She wishes to return for work to the UK and is worried that if she flies to the UK before this is sorted out she will get arrested or something similar upon arrival. Would this be a criminal offence either with HMRC or Companies house etc ? Is there anyway to find out if this matter has escalated? As far as she can tell no further correspondence has been received at the companies registered address.

Any advice appreciate.

Ring companies house. She has (arguably) failed in her duties as director. She should have resigned directorship.

If the company has been struck off then HMRC have approved it, so basically they can go swivel.

Comment

What route did you end up taking royalfirespirit and did you get your money back pls?

Originally posted by royalfirespirit View Post
        FWIW the cheapest company restoration service I've found is Company Formations, Company Restoration, Company Support - Apex Company Services. They charge £340 + VAT for a court restoration, which, with the court and treasury solicitor's fees totals around £870. They are not solicitors, I'm not entirely clear whether that makes a substantial difference. (Anyone know?)

As far as I can tell, going to a solicitor that specializes in court restoration will generally bump the total fee to the £1000-£1200 range..
        What route did you end up taking royalfirespirit and did you get your money back pls?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark14 View Post
          This thread was created in 2012. Royalfirespirit has not been back on this forum since.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X