• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend Accountancy Firm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Accountancy Firm?

Hi,

I'm new to the world of contracting, but will soon be starting my first contract job. I'm looking for an accountancy firm for my limited company (something I will soon be creating).

I have a short list which includes SJD and CCA as my current preferred - but also considering InTouch, Cloud9, InniAccounts, KB and ClearSky.

What are people's experience with CCA's 'online book keeping' software? When using CJD how do people get on with their spreadsheet software - or do they just use their own book keeping software?

Does anyone have an idea as to the size and number of clients of the remaining companies in my list?

Does any one have experience with these firms? Any thing I should watch out for?

Andy

Originally posted by frogboyflips View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the world of contracting, but will soon be starting my first contract job. I'm looking for an accountancy firm for my limited company (something I will soon be creating).

I have a short list which includes SJD and CCA as my current preferred - but also considering InTouch, Cloud9, InniAccounts, KB and ClearSky.

What are people's experience with CCA's 'online book keeping' software? When using CJD how do people get on with their spreadsheet software - or do they just use their own book keeping software?

Does anyone have an idea as to the size and number of clients of the remaining companies in my list?

Does any one have experience with these firms? Any thing I should watch out for?

Andy
    Hi Andy

In my view, you should call and speak with all of the accountants you are considering. It's wise to get a "feel" for how they will suit you and your personal scenario. What suits one, doesn't suit all! Make sure you make a true "like fro like" comparison as some have add on fees to their monthly fee. You should expect to receive an honest assessment of what is most suitable for you, even if it is a service they cannot provide for you.

Good luck and welcome to the world of contracting
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

SJD have 11000 clients. I am with them and very happy with them. You could try doing a search as this asked almost weekly. To that end I put a post together with the most recommended accounts and threads naming more local ones if that s for you rather than a national one. Link is bbelow

forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal/69742-accountant-rwecommendation-threads-inc-local-requests.html

If you are new try searching for your questions as most new questions are asked regularly. The welcome thread has a post on how to search.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frogboyflips View Post
        Hi,

Andy
        Never heard of CCA?

You have a wide range in your list, quite a few new accountants at the cheap end, and then hugely expensive like Clearsky at £195 a month!

Speak to a few, I use Nixon Williams, but see who you get on with, what you want from an accountant etc.

Watch out for start up costs, exit costs if you want to stop and whether you are committed for a minimum period.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Don't forget the local accountant options too, which some posters prefer to the regular accountants who post on here, myself included.

Comment

Dan, Dan Dan.

Didn't you realise why your previous post was deleted?

No blatant advertising! (Please re-read the T&C's)

Luv,

A Mod.

Comment

Working...
            X