Recommend Accountancy Firm? Recommend Accountancy Firm?
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Nervous Newbie

Default Recommend Accountancy Firm?

Hi,

I'm new to the world of contracting, but will soon be starting my first contract job. I'm looking for an accountancy firm for my limited company (something I will soon be creating).

I have a short list which includes SJD and CCA as my current preferred - but also considering InTouch, Cloud9, InniAccounts, KB and ClearSky.

What are people's experience with CCA's 'online book keeping' software? When using CJD how do people get on with their spreadsheet software - or do they just use their own book keeping software?

Does anyone have an idea as to the size and number of clients of the remaining companies in my list?

Does any one have experience with these firms? Any thing I should watch out for?

Andy

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by frogboyflips View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the world of contracting, but will soon be starting my first contract job. I'm looking for an accountancy firm for my limited company (something I will soon be creating).

I have a short list which includes SJD and CCA as my current preferred - but also considering InTouch, Cloud9, InniAccounts, KB and ClearSky.

What are people's experience with CCA's 'online book keeping' software? When using CJD how do people get on with their spreadsheet software - or do they just use their own book keeping software?

Does anyone have an idea as to the size and number of clients of the remaining companies in my list?

Does any one have experience with these firms? Any thing I should watch out for?

Andy
    Hi Andy

In my view, you should call and speak with all of the accountants you are considering. It's wise to get a "feel" for how they will suit you and your personal scenario. What suits one, doesn't suit all! Make sure you make a true "like fro like" comparison as some have add on fees to their monthly fee. You should expect to receive an honest assessment of what is most suitable for you, even if it is a service they cannot provide for you.

Good luck and welcome to the world of contracting

My post count is Majestic

SJD have 11000 clients. I am with them and very happy with them. You could try doing a search as this asked almost weekly. To that end I put a post together with the most recommended accounts and threads naming more local ones if that s for you rather than a national one. Link is bbelow

forums.contractoruk.com/accounting-legal/69742-accountant-rwecommendation-threads-inc-local-requests.html

If you are new try searching for your questions as most new questions are asked regularly. The welcome thread has a post on how to search.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by frogboyflips View Post
    Hi,

Andy
    Never heard of CCA?

You have a wide range in your list, quite a few new accountants at the cheap end, and then hugely expensive like Clearsky at £195 a month!

Speak to a few, I use Nixon Williams, but see who you get on with, what you want from an accountant etc.

Watch out for start up costs, exit costs if you want to stop and whether you are committed for a minimum period.

Super poster

Don't forget the local accountant options too, which some posters prefer to the regular accountants who post on here, myself included.

Nervous Newbie

Dan, Dan Dan.

Didn't you realise why your previous post was deleted?

No blatant advertising! (Please re-read the T&C's)

Luv,

A Mod.