• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Freedom Accountacy perhaps? That's already set up and waiting for him.
    Oh the irony

Seriously though - surely he won't be able to be a Director again??
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      Oh the irony

Shadow director I believe it's called? If he gets caught doing that he'll be back inside again.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Shadow director I believe it's called? If he gets caught doing that he'll be back inside again.
        Either that or he'll be found in a concrete overcoat after the advice he gave Mr Big was determined by HMR&C as not being wholly accurate

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Either that or he'll be found in a concrete overcoat after the advice he gave Mr Big was determined by HMR&C as not being wholly accurate
          He's made a lot of enemies, not least the people who he robbed money off in his ponzi scheme. I would move if I were him. Or forever look over his shoulder waiting for the day it happens.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

He's made a lot of enemies, not least the people who he robbed money off in his ponzi scheme. I would move if I were him. Or forever look over his shoulder waiting for the day it happens.
            Quite! Would not want to be in his shoes whilst inside prison or out

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Upton again...

I heard a nasty rumour from one of the people working for Freedom that he is getting out soon, unbelievable if it's true.

Here's an interesting aside as well, after he was found guilty I decided enough was enough and moved my business from Freedom, they had sent me some paperwork to sign last year to transfer the business to them from Uptons, no mention of the fact that any fees already paid to "uptons" would not transfer to the new company Freedom Accountants, his wife stung me for another 500 quid when I moved on for work they had already completed, when I pointed out I'd already been paying monthly, she informed me that those payments were to the old company (Uptons) and were gone (along with the 15k her husband stole from me), no mention of this was made last October when they were transferring the business however.

I'll never deal with them again, what she did might be legal by the letter of the law but it was hardly moral, and to top it all she point blank refused to speak to me on the phone or by email and told the receptionist to deal with me, quality people eh,

I also spoke to the insolvency practitioner who is dealing with the recovery of the money owed by Upton and believe me I was gob smacked at what they told me,
              Last edited by shelby68; 10 August 2012, 15:43.
              Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Oh the irony

Why not? I didn't think there had been any disqualification proceedings.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                  Why not? I didn't think there had been any disqualification proceedings.
                  Doesn't bankruptcy disqualify you from being a company director?
                  Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
                    Doesn't bankruptcy disqualify you from being a company director?
                    Doh!! Yes, of course it does. Though when he is discharged from the bankruptcy it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                      Doh!! Yes, of course it does. Though when he is discharged from the bankruptcy it's fine.
                      I've just had a look at the legislation on disqualification and to my untrained eye, he has breached just about every rule in the book, so take your pick.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/46/contents

Comment

Working...
                      X