• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cheaperaccountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you have had plenty of advice from both accountants and contractors (and even a mod!!!) and yet you still bang the same drum. Why bother coming for advice when you won't bloody listen... You are not going to get the answer you want to hear however much you keep digging. Just to make you happy I will give you the answer you want to hear so you can leave it and get on with ruining your business...

Go for the cheaper option. It makes sense if you are on a lower rate and they will be able to provide exactly the service you need. Paying someone the equivalent of about 15 mins work a week will surely pay dividends in the future. Go for it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsnetman View Post
      My reasoning which may not be a good one is that I intended to do my own accounts and submissions, VAT Flat Rate does not seem difficult to administrate but PAYE and year end accounts submissions are sending me round the bend. If a cheap accountant can do what I can't then I'm happy to pay 27.99 a month fo that service alone.
      What are you struggling with? I do everything for my LtdCo, including end of years, yes the CT600 was a PITA but the information is out there if you look for it.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My reasoning which may not be a good one is that I intended to do my own accounts and submissions, VAT Flat Rate does not seem difficult to administrate but PAYE and year end accounts submissions are sending me round the bend. If a cheap accountant can do what I can't then I'm happy to pay 27.99 a month fo that service alone.
        Ever heard the expression 'you get what you pay for'
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Ever heard the expression 'you get what you pay for'
          So you charge more than your competitors?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            So you charge more than your competitors?
            I am not sure if that is a back handed compliment on not so I will err on the side of caution and take it as one
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I'm merely saying that anyone who uses the 'you get what you pay for' criticism about cheaper competitors is hoisting themselves on their own petard when they then claim they are more cost-effective than more expensive competitors
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well against all your advice I signed up to them, they have already completed and submitted last years accouunts, so very pleased so far.

Comment

Well against all your advice I signed up to them, they have already completed and submitted last years accouunts, so very pleased so far.
                  Yea, but are they right,
                  Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
                    Yea, but are they right,
                    Well not so far, they have submitted last years accounts for 200 quid, done my self assessment, doing my PAYE and VAT and answer any questions I have regarding complicated letters from HMRC for £27.99 a month. Can't complain really.

Last year without an accountant was hard work, dealing with all the questions and setup of the online account, I feel a big burden has been eradicated and at a reasonable price.
                    Last edited by jsnetman; 20 September 2012, 09:33.

Comment

hello, still happy with cheapaccounting ?

Comment

Working...
                      X