• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK company from abroad - Bank accounts and VAT number.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK company from abroad - Bank accounts and VAT number.

l live in Belgium, and I think I would like to have an UK company.

I know it is not difficult to open a company from abroad,
    but I think VAT difficult, and probably also bank accounts.

How difficult is it to get an UK bank account?
    Third Countries?
    (I think Belgium would be difficult).

How difficult is it to operate without a UK bank account, or no bank account at all?
    Is there some credit card or something that can be used instead?

What about shelf companies?

One of the purposes is to own assets for writeoffs, but that would be difficult with VAT...
    How easy is it to "get rid of it" without a VAT number?

(I guess I can often get it back when I cross borders).
    Ideally the items should be officially bought in the UK.
    Last edited by JavaBrussels; 5 October 2012, 10:10.

Four posts to date, all asking about potetnially fraudulent practices. Are you sure you're cut out to be a whatever it is you think you are?

Do go and play somewwhere else, there's a good chap.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Four posts to date, all asking about potetnially fraudulent practices. Are you sure you're cut out to be a whatever it is you think you are?

Do go and play somewwhere else, there's a good chap.
      This might hurt your feelings, but running Uk companies are one of the easiest games there is.

(About the other posts -- if you looked a few seconds, you would have seen that they are a bit in the past)

Comment

Working...
      X